Talk

Advanced search

19mm cervix at 16 weeks

(6 Posts)
SharonC81 Wed 25-Oct-17 14:16:22

I've had previous procedures in the past to remove pre cancerous cells so my cervix is monitored in pregnancy.
With my 1st baby it was 28mm at 19 weeks, which although was shorter, it wasn't dangerous so no further action was taken.

This time I was scanned at 14 weeks where it measured 23mm. Worrying but they said they'd just monitor for now. I saw them again at 16 weeks when it measured 19mm and she said I needed a stitch doing asap. She booked me in for 2 days later but then phoned 2 hours before I was due to go in to cancel and rearrange for a weeks time!!! angry
I then got a phone call earlier this week delaying it by another day so it won't be done till this Friday when I'll be almost 18 weeks.
I've been taking it easy, stayed off work, not being lifting my 16 month old etc but am terrified it could just shorten dramatically overnight and feel the longer the leave it, the more risky the procedure is.

Does anybody have any advice? Has anybody got a cervix this short this early on??

olicat Thu 26-Oct-17 07:27:01

Don't have any advice as such but wanted to offer support, how rubbish that you have to wait. I've had several biopsies on my cervix (some cone) but not the lletz treatment - So slightly at risk of incompetent cervix but not at the level the nhs will monitor me. I've booked a private scan for weekend after next (16 weeks) to measure my cervix just to check it out. Really hope Friday comes around quickly for you x

SharonC81 Thu 26-Oct-17 14:18:17

Thank you. Only 1 more day then hopefully I'll have some reassurance. X

MsP0b Fri 27-Oct-17 15:40:04

Today is Friday so maybe you’ve already got your lovely helpful stitch.

My best friend had a stitch during pregnancy for cervix of just 14mm. The op went well, all was fine and the pregnancy ended with CS and a super little boy born healthily.

Also I think it’s a great sign that your cervix held out naturally in your first pregnancy.

Good luck and speedy recovery x

SharonC81 Fri 27-Oct-17 18:02:05

@MsP0b Thanks for your message. I've just come back from surgery and all went well smile
The consultant has signed me off work for 4 weeks and will reassess then. Hoping for a long and healthy pregnancy now and feel so much more reassured with the stitch/safety net in place. X

olicat Fri 27-Oct-17 19:34:48

Really glad to hear it went well and that you've been signed off to rest, let us know how you get on!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now