Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

7 weeks empty sac :(

(11 Posts)
Windy1234 Wed 25-Oct-17 13:08:39

I have just been for an early reassurance scan as I am approx 7 weeks 3 days preg and previously had a miscarriage on 4 September. Had bloods after prev miscarriage to determine this is a new pregnancy. On the scan there was just an empty sac, then had an internal scan and still just an empty sacshowing. Has anyone got any positive stories after similar situation??? So devastated

Aeroflotgirl Wed 25-Oct-17 13:13:50

I am so sorry 😥😥💐

ChocolatePancake Wed 25-Oct-17 13:41:18

I'm very sorry flowers

Expectingbsbunumber2 Wed 25-Oct-17 13:58:13

I'm really sorry x

HandbagFan Wed 25-Oct-17 14:05:46

Are they scanning you again in a week or two? I don’t know you can be so sure on dates after a miscarriage. Best case scenario you’re seven weeks, but you could easily be anything under that given your body would have needed to reset after the miscarriage and you can ant be certain that ovulation was exactly two weeks later.

If you were 5+something then an empty sac would be about right.

I don’t want to give you false hope but only time will tell surely?

Windy1234 Wed 25-Oct-17 14:08:41

I first got a pos preg test on 2 October. I am booked in for a repeat scan two weeks today, no blood tests were taken but I also haven’t had any bleeding or spotting

NuclearPenguin Wed 25-Oct-17 14:19:49

I don't want to give you false hope but it is possible that you have just gotten your dates wrong and/or pregnancy is just developing a little slower.

I went for an early private scan; LMP dated me at 10 weeks though I have a long cycle and dated myself more at about 8. In the scan there was just an empty sac and they dated me at more like 5 weeks and suggested I go to the EPU for a follow up a week or so later. Lo and behold on the second scan there was a tiny heartbeat; and at my 12 week dating scan they then moved the dates on so I was actually more like 6/7 weeks when they only found the empty sac.

I am now 19 weeks pregnant nervously waiting my anomaly scan next week.

I really hope the follow up scan is good news for you.

AnnM08 Wed 25-Oct-17 14:21:34

Sorry you’re going through this. Keeping everything crossed for you xx

cherryontopp Wed 25-Oct-17 15:01:37

flowerssorry. I went for a scan after a bleed, at 7+4 and they seen a heart beat.

Hope it turns out okay for you

Windy1234 Wed 25-Oct-17 16:04:54

Thank you everyone - I am really praying for something to be there in two weeks but not getting my hopes up and preparing for worst

thingymaboob Wed 25-Oct-17 18:08:44

@Windy1234
I'm so sorry, I think you need to prepare for the worst. At over 7 weeks you should see a heart beat. I wouldn't wait until 2 weeks. Go and get bloods done & get them repeated in 48 hours. That way you'll know what's happening much sooner and not have an agonising wait for 2 weeks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now