Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Good value maternity clothes

(20 Posts)
tinymeteor Wed 25-Oct-17 12:47:27

Can anyone recommend a shop for good value, halfway stylish maternity clothes? Last time I got lots of stuff from the Gap, but the quality of their clothes has gone downhill and the current mat range looks rubbish. Have been looking at ASOS but a bit overwhelmed by choice and unsure of quality.

My style is casual and fairly classic, and I'm petite (but expanding rapidly). Work at home so don't need office wear thankfully. Looking for casual dresses and versatile layers. I'm not going to be tottering around in heels but I don't want to look like a sack of potatoes either. Any ideas?

TriJo Wed 25-Oct-17 12:56:37

I'd look on eBay for things like Jojo Maman Bebe jersey dresses - they are generally good value and in good condition because they're worn for such a short period of time.

Worth checking out H&M and New Look as well.

mindutopia Wed 25-Oct-17 12:59:50

I like New Look. I also got a couple nice things from JoJo. Agree they are expensive, but I got two tunics (about 39 quid each) and I wear them constantly with leggings or jeans and they've been very much worth the cost. They are also feeding friendly so I plan to get a few good months out of them postnatally too until I get back into normal clothes. Even better value if you can find them secondhand, but for a couple quality items, I didn't mind spending the money to buy new.

Expectingbsbunumber2 Wed 25-Oct-17 13:17:55

New look is my favourite

JohnLapsleyParlabane Wed 25-Oct-17 13:23:40

I'm petite and got jeans and a top from funmum which are being passed around my friends and are now on their third pregnancy and still going strong. H&M also had some nice bits. Jojo on ebay too.

LadyRenoir Wed 25-Oct-17 13:26:21

JojoMamanBebe- a bit pricey, but soooo lovely. really good quality.
Also check out Asos Bluebelle- I got two dresses from it and really love them for casual wear.
Also at Zalando there are a few nice things, like Mamalicious (?) I think it's called, was very happy with the quality of stuff.

RosyPony Wed 25-Oct-17 13:29:29

Primark! They've started doing lots of long length plain t-shirts and I've found going up a couple of sizes and they fit me fine. They're super cheap too. I've found a lot of the budget maternity tops to be of a poor quality, New Look, H&M and Verbaudet tops have all been very thin and three times the price of Primark.

Although I am getting to the stage now where I don't actually care what I look like as long as its comfortable!

TheCatsMother99 Wed 25-Oct-17 20:11:08

I've bought a fair bit from boohoo.com

dramallamakarma Wed 25-Oct-17 20:26:05

New look for t-shirts, jeans & vests, M&S for leggings.

Tunics/dresses I've managed with non maternity Boden.

Occasion dress from ASOS (I find quality varies wildly)

I dress casually most days though.

SellMySoulForSomeSleep Wed 25-Oct-17 20:27:46

George at asda. It's only online but cheap and good styles.

badg3r Wed 25-Oct-17 20:42:07

Another vote for new look. Also dont forget that baggy styles that aren't maternity might be fine too.

sammy891 Wed 25-Oct-17 20:45:29

New Look and H&M mostly as well as George Asda

NameChange30 Wed 25-Oct-17 20:47:30

Zalando and Next maternity stuff is good qualify for the price

M&S maternity leggings!

Personally I wasn't impressed by the quality or fit of the H&M and New Look maternity stuff I tried.

NameChange30 Wed 25-Oct-17 20:48:24

Oh and I agree with Rosy about Vertbaudet too.

MamaOfTwos Wed 25-Oct-17 20:52:11

Jojo maman baby outlet section of the website
Very have a sale on at the moment
Asos and seraphine also have sales on a

MarmiteandToast Wed 25-Oct-17 21:44:09

I've only got a few things so far from Boohoo. Two tops and a pair of black work trousers. The tops are nice, the trousers feel very thin and cheap so I thought they'd look too casual but actually on you can't really tell (especially with a longer top or blazer)

They are so comfy though! Boohoo can be so cheap and thin its unwearable or really good, seems a bit of a lottery but worth it for the prices

NoParticularPattern Wed 25-Oct-17 21:49:31

I came on here to recommend Gap but see you’re not impressed! I like it but I think it’s because it’s really long in the body and seems to fit my giant self well. I have a few bits from new look and I love their jeggings, but their maternity tops are way too short in the body for me. I also have a couple of things from ASOS and one fits lovely, the other is a little shapeless but I guess it might not be when I get further along than I am now maybe? Either way they were all cheap enough to not matter so much!!

JW13 Wed 25-Oct-17 21:55:24

I’ve got most from topshop, especially jeans and a bit from ASOS. Also a couple of things from gap but don’t love them. A couple of things from seraphine too, although it’s slightly more expensive.

JudgeTinder Thu 26-Oct-17 07:02:18

I’ve ordered from New Look and DP in their sales and would wear my DP skinny jeans every day if I could!

Last week New Look had a fab sale on their maternity clothes. I bought some t-shirts at £2-£3 each.

DP also had a sale last weekend so I’m awaiting a new order blush

tinymeteor Thu 26-Oct-17 12:38:34

Thank you!! I'll check out new look for some everyday basics and go from there. Second hand Jojo is a good call, I can't justify their prices for something I'll never wear again after March, but the quality is good so worth checking out eBay for hat!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now