Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Omg will someone tell my dp that housework isn't going to do any damage

(17 Posts)
CinnamonAndSpice Tue 24-Oct-17 22:06:09

Sick of the same old.. You're doing too much when I'm at work. Leave it for me.
However if I waited till he got home and showered as he is caked in crap from work so would have to shower first. If he then did he housework it would be 10pm before sitting down
So I honestly have no issues in doing it. I've always been independent and just got in with stuff.
So he's getting narkky as I do it all. Hoover Polish floors bedding. Bathroom etc all the normal day stuff.
Plus things like defrost freezer clean out fridge.. Only thing I haven't is the oven due to high chemical fumes.
But he's like if you're not careful you'll do damage or something will happen.
He's not understanding it at all.
If I struggled for any reason then I'd ask but I don't.

user1484167681 Tue 24-Oct-17 22:15:04

Wanted to sympathise smile My DH doesn't want me overdoing. which includes taking his shirts to the dry cleaners. Which is at the end of our road. On my way to work.

I moved house with both our mothers helping, when I was about... 10 weeks. Literally shouted at both of them, which I've never done before- but apparently lifting ANYthing (like, a bag containing two pillows....) would do irreparable damage...!

It's done/said out of love, even if it seems supremely unhelpful smile

Kpo58 Tue 24-Oct-17 22:36:24

It's good DP training. It stops them getting out of housework later as they have already proved that they know how to do it all. wink

ChocolatePancake Tue 24-Oct-17 22:48:56

Errrrrm... actually, yes, it will cause lots of damage. Very bad.... must therefore do everything. Legitimate truth. grin

Oysterbabe Tue 24-Oct-17 22:56:00

Jesus no one tell them that. I have mine convinced I must be waited on and given footrubs.

ChocolatePancake Tue 24-Oct-17 23:01:01

Oh and whilst we're on the subject, I heard making dinner can be deadly so best to avoid all together tbh. Better to be safe

ChocolatePancake Tue 24-Oct-17 23:12:02

On a serious note though, just let him do something! Leave something every day for him instead. I had this conversation with my partner. We're making babies and they feel pretty useless, so it manifests in weird and wonderful ways. I think it's healthier for them to feel like they're contributing in some way... and to be honest there isn't much else they can do to help, so let them feel needed by leaving the floors or whatever occasionally

eeanne Wed 25-Oct-17 03:14:20

Enjoy it while it lasts. In my first pregnancy DH didn't want me to lift a finger. This time around I'll be holding our toddler and he'll hand me another bag to carry hmm

Robots1Humans0 Wed 25-Oct-17 04:24:00

Second pregnancy here and I’m basically a maid that cares for a toddler and works part time running a pub kitchen - enjoy it while it lasts! They sharp realise you’re not made of porcelain gringrin

RedBlackberries Wed 25-Oct-17 05:16:05

What are you complaining about? That sounds great grin. I'd love it if dh thought housework was off limits for me. Honestly I would be careful of some heavy bleach stuff. I get quite lightheaded cleaning the bathroom.

hiddley Wed 25-Oct-17 05:22:02

How far on are you? When I was about 38 weeks, I took a fit of cleaning. This obviously involved having to move sofas etc to clean under them. The next morning I had a placental abruption and very nearly lost my baby. You're not weaker when pregnant but you have something which may be damaged. Or someone.

Hill1991 Wed 25-Oct-17 10:00:24

I’m in the same boat as you as my dp doesn’t even want me to empty the dishwasher, cooking dinner is a no no aswell I know he is doing it out off love but it can get really annoying, which my mum finds highly hilarious as she said as a teenager she couldn’t get me to do any off these things and now I’m moaning that dp not let me as the fear that I will break

LorelaiVictoriaGilmore Wed 25-Oct-17 11:06:35

Absolutely not. There is a very, very small chance that he knows my DH and I don't want that message being passed on.

OnNaturesCourse Wed 25-Oct-17 12:00:53

My DP says this too... Then when I do leave a chore chances are he "doesn't notice" it needs done and I end up doing it the next day anyway.

He wants to help but I genuinely think he's blind to the little things I notice, but I'm quite OCD so I do try not to go all crazy hormonal lady on him.

BeckleinDisguise Wed 25-Oct-17 15:57:45

Can I borrow him?! wink

AmethystRaven Wed 25-Oct-17 16:08:29

It's great that you're cracking on but please make sure you have some time to relax before the baby is born! Don't look back and think 'why didn't I sit and watch lots of Netflix while eating chocolate?' grin Congratulations BTW.

Loosemoose28 Thu 26-Oct-17 10:15:30

I haven't told my OH that washing up no longer makes me puke (was bad first trimester).

I have no plans to tell him. Still doing everythinf else though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now