Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Becoming slightly neurotic....

(2 Posts)
MaybeBaby220218 Tue 24-Oct-17 21:35:23

Hiya!

Are there any other mummy's-to-be out there that are turning into slightly-crazy-pregnant-ladies, or is it just me? I'm a casual browser on here and love reading a lot of the posts but am really envious of other seemingly very 'together' preggo ladies! I'm 23+4 with what will be my first baby (4 MC's over the last 2 and a bit years, so super excited about this sticky little bean) but starting to feel a bit like I've not got the faintest clue what I'm letting myself in for!

I had this glorious vision that when I finally got pregnant I'd be having chatting with my mates that've popped out sprogs about their funny parenting fails, and being able to ask stupid questions about 'B -shaped baby bumps' and 'is it ok that I've just eaten 5 jars of pickled onions in one sitting'... But they've all apparently turned into 'that parent', and instead of being able to have a lighthearted chat with them about baby stuff and ask silly things, they've decided to bombard me with exactly how I should look after Bubs and telling me how rubbish they think I'll be at certain things... (I've not got the greatest relationship with my midwife either - something I'm a little bit gutted about as I hear all these lovely stories of supportive midwives and great appointments etc - but I find her a bit patronising and 'shouty' - and instead of being treated like a 29 year old, revert back to feeling like a naughty teenager!)

So I'm sort of left with no one to share my slightly bat-shit-crazy thoughts with, and feel like I'm miles behind all the other mums I see that seem totally prepared for baby - when I don't even know where to start!

Anyone in the same boat that wants a neurotic baby buddy!? gringrin
xxx

GingerRogers84 Tue 24-Oct-17 22:01:09

Join the February babies group in the Antenatal section. It’s on thread 2 now but you can also join the facebook group. You can talk to all the other ladies expecting and some of them have children already. It’s great for advice about all sorts! smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now