Talk

Advanced search

Threatened Miscarriage - any hope?

(43 Posts)
jellycrumble Tue 24-Oct-17 19:18:43

Just looking for some reassurance as I've had 2 precious MCs - I'm 5+5 today and when I first found out I was pregnant I had a little brown dishcharge for 2 days which then stopped. Today when I went to the loo I had some slightly darker brown CM - when I checked again it was very dark brown on paper and looked more like blood. Cue massive panicking.

Went to A&E, they took bloods and urine samples and are sending me to the EPAU on Friday for an early scan (apparently they can't check under 6 weeks). As I've had a sharp pain in my right ovary they want to rule out an ectopic too.

Has anyone been diagnosed with a threatened miscarriage, only for it to all be ok!? I'm desperate for some hope. Thank you!

3littlebadgers Tue 24-Oct-17 19:27:14

Mine is now 21 months and snuggled up going to sleep. flowers my first scan didn't look too positive as all they could see was a sac, despite me being certain about my dates, but a few weeks later there was a tiny flicker of a heart too.

jellycrumble Tue 24-Oct-17 19:36:50

**previous not precious MCs blush

jellycrumble Tue 24-Oct-17 19:38:07

Thanks for sharing @3littlebadgers! How far along were you in your first scan? So even if they don't see anything on Friday, it might be ok? God I'm driving myself mad. sad

orangeowls Tue 24-Oct-17 19:46:25

I had a threatened miscarriage in my second pregnancy (first pregnancy was a MMC) and she is currently 5 months old. I had a scan at 6+4 and we could see a heartbeat. Good luck flowers

burninghigh Tue 24-Oct-17 19:51:22

I had bleeding and ovary pain with my first. She is 9 now. Fingers crossed for you. Xx

mintich Tue 24-Oct-17 19:53:00

Yes at 6 weeks, she is currently tucked up in bed! Xx

3littlebadgers Tue 24-Oct-17 20:28:13

Jelly I was similar to you. I know your mind will be going around and around in circles but I will be keeping everything crossed for a healthy uneventful pregnancy for you

MarmiteandToast Tue 24-Oct-17 20:55:53

Everything crossed for you. I have had both outcomes.

18 weeks now and was absolutely certain I was miscarrying again when I had dark spotting at 5 weeks but it completely resolved.

Please let us know how you get on, thinking of you

MarmiteandToast Tue 24-Oct-17 20:57:01

Also they always call it "threatened miscarriage" even though it can be absolutely nothing - so scary to hear though

jellycrumble Wed 25-Oct-17 16:47:11

Hi everyone thank you so much for your lovely replies - it's helped me to feel a little better! I'm trying not to have false hope but as nothing has been confirmed either way I'm clinging on to what hope I've got left!

I'll keep updating, for my sake and for anyone else who might be going through something similar.

For those who had brown spotting/bleeding how long did it last? Was it intermittent, just the once etc?

Taffeta Wed 25-Oct-17 16:50:36

I had two MMCs and brown spotting with my DD (now 11). With my DS (now 14) I had a bigger fresh bleed, which they said at the time “might’ve been a twin”.

With my miscarriages, I had no bleeding at all.

All the best. flowers

EastDulwichWife Wed 25-Oct-17 17:19:37

I had a bleed - reasonably heavy for one day - followed by brown spotting for 4-5 days, at 5 weeks. Was certain I was miscarrying. Went for a scan a week later and saw a heartbeat flickering like crazy. I was told a bleed around the time your period would have been due is very common. Fingers crossed for you OP.

mintich Wed 25-Oct-17 17:44:08

I had it at 6 weeks, 11 weeks, 21 weeks and 24 weeks! No reason for it each time

PhoenixDown Wed 25-Oct-17 17:49:04

I had a heavy read bleed around 5-6 weeks like a period for a couple of days, have had mmc in the past so was convinced it was all over. Had scan at epu and saw gestational sac and yolk sac but no embryo- they said either too early, or baby hadn't grown and I was going to lose it. Had rescan 2 weeks later and there was baby! Had an area of bleeding next to the sac which explained the heavy bleed. I really hope for a positive outcome for you xx

BowlingShoes Wed 25-Oct-17 17:55:29

All cases are different of course, but I had brown/dark blood for a few weeks starting at 5 weeks. A scan at 5.5 weeks only showed an empty sac. 10 days later there was a heartbeat and I went on to have a healthy full-term pregnancy.

jellycrumble Thu 26-Oct-17 14:49:28

Thanks again for all your replies, it's really helping me stay sane until tomorrow! I know every pregnancy is different but the brown bleeding seems fairly common and I'm holding on to the fact it's not red or accompanied by cramps.

It's tapered off, I didn't bleed at all last night, I've had a tiny amount of brown spotting on my pad this morning though.

Tomorrow feels so far away sad hoping it's not bad news.

jellycrumble Fri 27-Oct-17 09:59:36

Hi everyone just waiting in the EPU for my scan - can they see much at 6 weeks? Feeling very nervous and apprehensive sad

EEandEmakes3 Fri 27-Oct-17 10:01:55

Keeping everything crossed for you Jelly.

Iwantaunicorn Fri 27-Oct-17 10:19:02

I had a private scan at 6 weeks, and could see heartbeats. I was 100% sure on dates (ivf) but from what I read at the time it's not unusual to not see it - we'd booked another scan at 8 weeks as we hadn't expected to see anything at 6 weeks. Keeping everything crossed for you!

3littlebadgers Fri 27-Oct-17 14:04:46

How did it go jelly?

Santawontbelong Fri 27-Oct-17 14:07:20

Thinking of you op.

GetBackUpAgain Fri 27-Oct-17 14:33:19

I had dark brown bleeding throughout my 2nd pregnancy. Spotting during first week, a bleed around 20weeks and then fortnightly spotting/bleed from then on. No cause ever found, but I ended up with a healthy baby. Wishing you the best x

TheCatsMother99 Fri 27-Oct-17 14:35:56

I was told by my Dr at 7 weeks that I was misscarrying and my symptoms sounded similar to yours. I'm now 22 weeks and everything is going well.

mintich Fri 27-Oct-17 15:37:33

Hope everything is ok

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now