Talk

Advanced search

Why would anyone Ante natal screening coordinator call me?

(17 Posts)
zaalitje Tue 24-Oct-17 12:33:51

Had a missed call last night from my hospital ante natal screening coordinator that asking to call back asap.
I've been trying since and just keep getting voicemail or the phone rings out.

Any ideas? I'm making myself sick with worry as have had previous losses.

MyKingdomForBrie Tue 24-Oct-17 12:35:18

Have you had a scan yet? How far along are you?

Ecureuil Tue 24-Oct-17 12:37:10

How many weeks are you? Have you had a recent scan?
This happened to me and I panicked! It turned out to be because I’d moved quite late in pregnancy and they had wanted me to go into the hospital and have all my bloods repeated for their records.

zaalitje Tue 24-Oct-17 12:38:04

Had a scan a under recurring miscarriage clinic.

I'm about 8 weeks.

Ecureuil Tue 24-Oct-17 12:45:44

I doubt there would be anything they could see on a scan at 8 weeks that would give them cause to worry. Could they be phoning to arrange your dating scan?

Lj8893 Tue 24-Oct-17 12:49:00

Could be anything but unlikely to be anything to worry about at 8 weeks. Have you had any bloods taken yet? Or had your booking in appointment with your midwife? It's probably to arrange that.

zaalitje Tue 24-Oct-17 12:50:05

Dating scan arranged via midwives already and consultant led due to history.

I had a bleed as well just before my scan, I'm worried it's been looked at again/reviewed and is actually placental abrupt ion or non viable some other way.

I googled and A screening coordinator is someone who deals with high risk pregnancysad

Why would you ask someone to call asap then not be contactable?

Lj8893 Tue 24-Oct-17 12:51:38

Not always. A screening coordinator is somebody who coordinates screening so yes may well deal with high risk pregnancies from a screening point of view but will also be arranging screening etc.

zaalitje Tue 24-Oct-17 12:54:07

But screening for what?

And why would a routine screening appt need me to call asap?

Lj8893 Tue 24-Oct-17 12:57:13

Have you had your routine bloods taken? (Infection screen, blood group, full blood count etc etc) if so it could be something to do with them.

zaalitje Tue 24-Oct-17 12:58:43

I had them done about a week ago.

Would that sound right for a call now?

Lj8893 Tue 24-Oct-17 13:01:22

Yes possibly.

Lj8893 Tue 24-Oct-17 13:02:17

Labs are really fussy (rightly so) so if a blood sample isn't labelled correctly they can't test it. It's probably something like that!

mindutopia Tue 24-Oct-17 13:10:47

Yes, I suspect it's about your bloods. That's when they do the antenatal screening, so I would suspect she is calling about your results. Either something came up in them that they want to investigate further or there was a problem with the bloods and they need to redraw them.

Ecureuil Tue 24-Oct-17 15:02:58

Sounds like it’s more likely to be due to your bloods.
I was phoned to be told I wasn’t immune to rubella according to my bloods, it could be something like that.

Mummyme87 Tue 24-Oct-17 16:48:16

It will be something to do with tour blood tests. So equivocal result, abnormal result, wrongly labelled, needs repeating, missed etc

museumum Tue 24-Oct-17 16:51:13

are you rhesus negative? (if you've had mc before you may need antiD). Lots of reasons they might need to talk to you about your bloods really.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now