Talk

Advanced search

Nausea and a metallic taste?? Ladies, moral support please

(11 Posts)
Glitterbug83 Mon 23-Oct-17 17:20:42

OK so I'm 9 weeks and 4 days pregnant. Feeling truly awful, nausea all day long and since week 7 I've had this constant ghastly metallic taste in my mouth?? Has anyone else ever had this? I never had anything like this in my first pregnancy and it's really upsetting me because I'm freaked out it won't go away. Food tastes so yucky. Any words of reassurance would be much appreciated thlsad

MissLaurz Tue 24-Oct-17 19:36:18

The metallic taste is completely normal, I always carried around some polo mints and found that having some cream crackers around mid morning stopped me from feeling yukky! If you are really struggling with nausea get some travel sickness bands, you can get them from the chemist! I didn’t suffer too badly with the sickness but wore these bands and I managed to carry on as normal!
It will go away though, good luck!

Hairgician Tue 24-Oct-17 19:38:36

Mint mentos!! They really help with that awful taste!

Glitterbug83 Tue 24-Oct-17 22:29:05

MissLaurz, Hairgician...

Thank you so much for your responses. When did your symptom of metallic taste ease off? I'll go get myself some mints tomorrow and some travel sickness bands

Foggymist Wed 25-Oct-17 03:08:56

My mum had that metallic taste until I was born but it then immediately went away.

helensburgh Wed 25-Oct-17 03:10:26

For me metallic taste went away around week 12 nausea around week 15
Hope it eases soon.

Oysterbabe Wed 25-Oct-17 03:17:14

I still have it and am 32 weeks.

SofiaAmes Wed 25-Oct-17 03:34:56

I had that. It was awful. The only thing that helped with the metallic taste were See's Candies Dark Chocolate Lollypops (something you can only get on the West Coast of the USA - though shipping to UK might be possible). I think any dark chocolate, semi-sweet hard candy would probably do. These just last a long time, so I'm partial to them.

MissLaurz Wed 25-Oct-17 06:04:05

The taste has gone for me now and I’m 19 weeks but that’s not to say it won’t come back (hopefully it doesn’t!!) but it’s so normal so don’t worry.
Let me know how you get on wearing those bands, I see a lot of ladies wearing them when I go for my hospital appointments so I think it’s quite a popular trick these days!!

Glitterbug83 Wed 25-Oct-17 08:26:42

Oysterbabe you have my sympathy. How on earth have you coped? I've already lost 6lbs, my diet now consists of toast with butter, jacket potato with butter and pasta with butter. I feel so anxious about it all

TheCatsMother99 Wed 25-Oct-17 08:29:02

I had it too but it came and went in waves. Totally normal but also totally annoying.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now