Talk

Advanced search

Pregnancy after ectopic - when do they scan you?

(6 Posts)
NooNooHead1981 Mon 23-Oct-17 11:07:15

I just found out I'm pregnant a couple of days ago. I'm now 5w 1 day and am bloody scared, as I had an ectopic and surgery back in March and am looking for work at the moment.

I also have severe anxiety about miscarrying again, or that it will be another ectopic.

I know that the chances of another ectopic are slightly increased, but my consultant said it would be more than likely that I would have a healthy pregnancy with the remaining healthy tube they left in, and that an early scan at 6/7 weeks would be vital in the next pregnancy.

Anyone else been through this? When do they scan you? And how can I stop worrying all the time? I think this pregnancy will be classed as high risk because of my previous history, plus in my last successful pregnancy they failed to pick up gestational diabetes so I ended up with a huge baby and post eclampsia and very high blood pressure. I'm just hoping this pregnancy will go well and they will monitor me very closely this time.

ftw Mon 23-Oct-17 11:09:32

I got scans around 6wks each time. Have you an early pg unit locally? I just got in touch with ours directly (as they already knew me). If not, go via your gp. They should take you seriously.

ftw Mon 23-Oct-17 11:10:30

Also, good luck and congrats and please try and not worry! 💐

Lauratwelve Mon 23-Oct-17 11:14:09

Sorry I can't help but do let us know how you get on. I had an ectopic a year ago and i'm now TTC. I do remember the surgon told me to contact my GP as soon as I find out i'm pregnant and they will refer me for early scans (I think he said 6 weeks).

Try not to worry i'm sure you will be fine 🌸🌸🌸🌸

NooNooHead1981 Mon 23-Oct-17 11:14:37

Thank you! I just feel so anxious and worried - I wish I could fast forward to the second trimester and get the first over with! I'm so impatient!! hmm

EEandEmakes3 Mon 23-Oct-17 20:55:19

Have you been in touch with your midwives yet? Once I was referred, I had to request an early scan because I was so anxious. Don’t wait to get a letter, chase them up or look for you Early Pregnancy Unit.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now