Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Sweep

(8 Posts)
2ndTimeMother Mon 23-Oct-17 06:43:31

I'm currently 40+5 weeks pregnant with DS2, I have a sweep later this afternoon & feeling a little nervous & scared! I don't really know what to expect?

DS1 is 6 so it feels so long ago since I had him & I went into labour naturally 2 days after my due date.

Any advice / positivity would really help confused

Tilapia Mon 23-Oct-17 06:58:30

I had sweeps for both DC1 and DC2. I didn’t find the process too bad - no worse than a smear test. It didn’t seem to help with DC1, but with DC2 I went into labour within 24 hours (although I was a week overdue so I might have done anyway - who knows?).

Good luck OP!

MrsCharlieD Mon 23-Oct-17 07:55:37

I'm currently 41 weeks with ds2. I had a sweep last week that was uncomfortable but not painful. I started losing plug 2 days after but 4 days on I'm still not in labour. Got another one booked for tomorrow and hoping that does the trick.

2ndTimeMother Mon 23-Oct-17 16:24:53

Thank you both!

I've had my sweep the midwife doesn't think my cervix are very "favourable" back on Thursday for another!

MrsCharlieD Mon 23-Oct-17 19:15:55

I was the same with my first sweep, 2cm dilated but still posterior and long. With ds I had 1 sweep where I was favourable and went into labour at 41 weeks exactly. To now be past that point is so frustrating! Fingers crossed it happens for us both sooner rather than later x

mintich Mon 23-Oct-17 19:27:49

I had three sweeps and ended up being induced. I don't think I'll have them next time

OriginalMoo Wed 25-Oct-17 12:00:07

If my LO hasn't started to make an appearance by my next appt tomorrow I'll be asking for a sweep as I'm now 40+2 & seriously fed up. Good luck ladies.

2ndTimeMother Wed 25-Oct-17 12:13:49

I have my 2nd sweep tomorrow preying it will help as I'm so miserable & pretty much house bound with swollen feet & ankles.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: