Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Sweep

(8 Posts)
2ndTimeMother Mon 23-Oct-17 06:43:31

I'm currently 40+5 weeks pregnant with DS2, I have a sweep later this afternoon & feeling a little nervous & scared! I don't really know what to expect?

DS1 is 6 so it feels so long ago since I had him & I went into labour naturally 2 days after my due date.

Any advice / positivity would really help confused

Tilapia Mon 23-Oct-17 06:58:30

I had sweeps for both DC1 and DC2. I didn’t find the process too bad - no worse than a smear test. It didn’t seem to help with DC1, but with DC2 I went into labour within 24 hours (although I was a week overdue so I might have done anyway - who knows?).

Good luck OP!

MrsCharlieD Mon 23-Oct-17 07:55:37

I'm currently 41 weeks with ds2. I had a sweep last week that was uncomfortable but not painful. I started losing plug 2 days after but 4 days on I'm still not in labour. Got another one booked for tomorrow and hoping that does the trick.

2ndTimeMother Mon 23-Oct-17 16:24:53

Thank you both!

I've had my sweep the midwife doesn't think my cervix are very "favourable" back on Thursday for another!

MrsCharlieD Mon 23-Oct-17 19:15:55

I was the same with my first sweep, 2cm dilated but still posterior and long. With ds I had 1 sweep where I was favourable and went into labour at 41 weeks exactly. To now be past that point is so frustrating! Fingers crossed it happens for us both sooner rather than later x

mintich Mon 23-Oct-17 19:27:49

I had three sweeps and ended up being induced. I don't think I'll have them next time

OriginalMoo Wed 25-Oct-17 12:00:07

If my LO hasn't started to make an appearance by my next appt tomorrow I'll be asking for a sweep as I'm now 40+2 & seriously fed up. Good luck ladies.

2ndTimeMother Wed 25-Oct-17 12:13:49

I have my 2nd sweep tomorrow preying it will help as I'm so miserable & pretty much house bound with swollen feet & ankles.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now