Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Help with dates please

(9 Posts)
whereisforever Sun 22-Oct-17 20:40:00

Hi this is my first post but I'm really stuck!

I had a late mc 13 weeks ago, I haven't had af since. I didn't stop bleeding until 8-9 weeks so no sex before then.
Last week I did a test because my boobs were sore. Faint negative at first but now strong line.
I have no idea how many weeks I am?
Would it be unreasonable to ask for an early scan?

Lozmatoz Sun 22-Oct-17 20:41:17

The same happened to me. I wasn’t offered an early scan, but I guess there’s no harm in asking.

Lozmatoz Sun 22-Oct-17 20:42:21

Do you know when you were ovulating? If so add a couple weeks onto that and that’s your date roughly.

whereisforever Sun 22-Oct-17 20:47:47

I've had 2 early mc @ 5 weeks and 11 weeks, and a late mc at 23 weeks, in a row.
I need to start medication in this pregnancy and have cervical scans.
It would just ease my anxiety if I knew how far I am I suppose.

whereisforever Sun 22-Oct-17 20:49:15

I have absolutely no idea when I ovulated.

Oly5 Sun 22-Oct-17 20:49:21

You could try for an early scan based on previous mc and having no idea about dates/when to go for 12 week scam etc

whereisforever Sun 22-Oct-17 20:54:51

Should I ask them this week? Or wait a bit longer in case it is too early?
So confused.

Lozmatoz Sun 22-Oct-17 21:06:00

Just ask their advice. If they will be starting you on meds’ and dates are important to them, then presumably they’ll want to get a date. Assuming you ovulated sometime after you stopped bleeding and found out you were pregnant last week (mine usually show up around 5 weeks) then you can make a reasonable guess within about 2/3 weeks.

whereisforever Sun 22-Oct-17 21:37:10

Thank you, I'll give them a call tomorrow

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now