Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Help with dates please

(9 Posts)
whereisforever Sun 22-Oct-17 20:40:00

Hi this is my first post but I'm really stuck!

I had a late mc 13 weeks ago, I haven't had af since. I didn't stop bleeding until 8-9 weeks so no sex before then.
Last week I did a test because my boobs were sore. Faint negative at first but now strong line.
I have no idea how many weeks I am?
Would it be unreasonable to ask for an early scan?

Lozmatoz Sun 22-Oct-17 20:41:17

The same happened to me. I wasn’t offered an early scan, but I guess there’s no harm in asking.

Lozmatoz Sun 22-Oct-17 20:42:21

Do you know when you were ovulating? If so add a couple weeks onto that and that’s your date roughly.

whereisforever Sun 22-Oct-17 20:47:47

I've had 2 early mc @ 5 weeks and 11 weeks, and a late mc at 23 weeks, in a row.
I need to start medication in this pregnancy and have cervical scans.
It would just ease my anxiety if I knew how far I am I suppose.

whereisforever Sun 22-Oct-17 20:49:15

I have absolutely no idea when I ovulated.

Oly5 Sun 22-Oct-17 20:49:21

You could try for an early scan based on previous mc and having no idea about dates/when to go for 12 week scam etc

whereisforever Sun 22-Oct-17 20:54:51

Should I ask them this week? Or wait a bit longer in case it is too early?
So confused.

Lozmatoz Sun 22-Oct-17 21:06:00

Just ask their advice. If they will be starting you on meds’ and dates are important to them, then presumably they’ll want to get a date. Assuming you ovulated sometime after you stopped bleeding and found out you were pregnant last week (mine usually show up around 5 weeks) then you can make a reasonable guess within about 2/3 weeks.

whereisforever Sun 22-Oct-17 21:37:10

Thank you, I'll give them a call tomorrow

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: