Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Success stories after two miscarriages please

(11 Posts)
y0ungMum Sun 22-Oct-17 19:06:14

Hello everyone, my first time posting here so sorry if abit long winded. Anyway, I had my daughter in 2014, not a brilliant pregnancy with recurring kidney infections, unexplained low amniotic fluid levels, extreme anaemia but she's here and healthy so all good. I then have since had two miscarriages, first end of 2016 and second middle of 2017. Heartbeats saw with both and miscarried exactly two days before 12 week scan with both.
Only investigation they would do was a hysterscopy (sp?) but all was fine and still incredibly anaemic but no explanation to this.
Anyway, I was wondering if anyone had had a child and went on to miscarry but have healthy children after? I'm currently 7 weeks pregnant, already had a scan and saw heartbeat and all was fine and been told to take 75mg of aspirin to see if this helps but incredibly anxious all the time, looking for abit of reassurance smile
Thanks ladies Xx

meltingmarshmallows Sun 22-Oct-17 19:08:12

Not me but my Mum. Had my sister, then 3 MC before me, all quite late on.

Sorry you’ve had to go through this but great you’ve seen the heartbeat!

y0ungMum Sun 22-Oct-17 19:09:32

Aw how awful for her!
Thank god she got her little rainbow baby in you!! flowers

Lulublu Sun 22-Oct-17 19:58:25

I had a healthy baby last year, miscarried twice at the start of this year and am now 32 weeks. Obviously can’t relax until the baby is here but things are going well so far. Since the miscarriages I’ve been amazed to see how many other people miscarry after a healthy baby. I really hope it goes well for you this time.

Bestbees Sun 22-Oct-17 20:00:12

Slightly different story as i had ivf. However i had two miscarriages, one at around 8 weeks post a scan showing heart beat. The other very early at around 5 weeks. I then went on to have twins, with an easy pregnancy and no problems.

Good luck x

LegoLady95 Sun 22-Oct-17 20:04:29

My friend had 3 mc before having her son, including a missed mc detected at 12 week scan.

flumpybear Sun 22-Oct-17 20:29:36

Yes had miscarriages before my first and between first and second - also on low dose aspirin and high dose folic acid too - he’s here and now five years old ... totally bonkers wink
Good luck flowers

mrsdiddlydoo Sun 22-Oct-17 20:40:29

Ds in 2013. Two mc in 2014 both late first trimester. I visited prof Brosens at the Coventry miscarriage clinic after mc2 for a biopsy and had my uterine killer cells checked (which were fine) and then took progesterone and clexane for the first trimester. Can't say if it made the difference but Dd was born late in 2015. I use to scour mn and Google for the answer you are looking for. Best wishes for this pregnancy. It's really good to have had a successful scan. Hope things continue well and the next few months pass quickly. Xxx

y0ungMum Mon 23-Oct-17 05:28:43

Thank you all!!!! Means so much to hear your positive stories, thank you for sharing with me xxx

starsshinebright Mon 23-Oct-17 07:14:02

I had 7mc and am now 17 weeks pregnant.

y0ungMum Mon 23-Oct-17 07:18:03

Aww you poor lady, thank god you never gave up and about to have your rainbow baby!! Congratulations lovely! Xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now