Talk

Advanced search

Bumgenius and babygrows

(6 Posts)
Fredthefrog Sun 22-Oct-17 18:19:53

We just bought a set of bumgenius freetime nappies and one of the issues I have heard is that they can be very bulky. Does any one use them already and have any tips about sizing/best brands of sleeps it's to wear over the top or does it not matter. This is our first baby and so firdt time with reusable nappies so any tips welcome. Thanks

TeaPleaseBob Sun 22-Oct-17 19:11:38

We used cloth nappies with my DD (4years) and never really had problems with clothes. Sainsburys, mothercare and next sleepsuits and outfits all seemed roomy enough for cloth. We also bought some frugi leggings/ tights when she was bit older as these are designed with cloth nappies in mind so have some extra space. Generally sized up reasonably quickly to accommodate nappies (also my DDs feet turned in slightly at birth so I never wanted sleepsuits to be pulling her little feet.

I did but some vest extenders but don’t really remember using them.

One tip for newborns I have is to look at prefold nappies and motherease sandies two part nappies with covers. These were bomb proof and really easy once you get the hang of them. I found the one size nappies weren’t quite as great a fit for first couple months. Small prefolds and sandies fitted no problems in newborn sleepsuits and outfits.

elio Sun 22-Oct-17 19:25:43

H and M do some vests with stretch, we found these good for not putting pressure on the nappy which could make it leak but still fitting well. Sleep suit wise anything with long roll cuffs on the arms and legs like Polar o pyret (expensive but wash well so second hand is good, or normally have sales) as you can size up for the body and just turn over the legs and sleeves. We had a 2-4 baby from that fitted from about 1-6 months! Frugi is good, we struggle with the dungarees though as they don't seem to have the extra space needed (for our child's shape anyway) our daughter is now two and due another any day which we are also planning to cloth bum from as early as our nappies will fit. good luck!

Needadvicetoleave Sun 22-Oct-17 19:53:28

Vest extenders are useful, and jeans are pretty much a no-no by other than that I've not had any issues. Baby grows are roomy anyway.

riddles26 Sun 22-Oct-17 20:01:44

I use a combination of AIO and pocket nappies (including bumgenius freetime and elementals) and I haven't had a problem with a single item of baby clothing not fitting over cloth. My daughters clothes come from a range of shops including all major supermarkets, next, H&M, Primark etc. The only place I have had to size up is Gap and that is because they are small, not because of cloth.

If you're not using 2-part nappies, don't worry about sizing at all, it will fit fine.

Fredthefrog Mon 23-Oct-17 16:50:31

Thanks for the advice everyone

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: