Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Tommee tippee feeding sets

(6 Posts)
Mumbofeet Sun 22-Oct-17 16:47:05

I'm planning on breast and bottle feeding (hopefully EBM but will see how things work out) and I've been looking at the Tommee Tippee Closer to Nature Ultimate breast and bottle set. Has anyone else bought one of these sets? Just wondering if it's got everything in you need or you've found you have to buy additional stuff?

gosteady Sun 22-Oct-17 18:09:56

My little one hasn’t arrived yet but my midwife says most aren’t keen on tommee bottles, they seem to prefer nuk.

Topsyloulou Sun 22-Oct-17 18:15:36

I had Tommee Tippee bottles with DS & had no issues. I've gone for MAM this time as they are anti colic without all the fussy bits of Dr Browns & DS did suffer a little with comic so keen to avoid that where possible & self sterilising so perfect for our & about visiting people. Got a great deal in Boots on them.

Lemonicelolly1 Sun 22-Oct-17 18:24:44

We've bought that set, I haven't used it yet as baby not due for a couple of weeks. It does seem to have everything we think we might need but I have bought a couple of more bottles just in case!

Needadvicetoleave Sun 22-Oct-17 19:57:48

If a baby will take both boob and bottle they'll take pretty much any bottle so just buy cheap, easily available ones.

You may find baby prefers the bottle so stops boobing or prefers boob and refuses to take a bottle. Myself and several of my friends have had the latter and no amount of money spent on fancy bottles has enticed them to drink from one! My friends who have managed to mix feed find their baby will drink from almost anything.

pastabest Sun 22-Oct-17 20:03:59

My DD is happy to use any bottles and as such got on with TT bottles fine.

HOWEVER

I found them to be really poor quality, and the measurements rubbed off the bottles really easily just with hand washing. They were unusable after about 4 months.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: