Talk

Advanced search

Beauty in pregnancy

(10 Posts)
Gaeilge Sun 22-Oct-17 10:30:05

Hi Everyone,

My skin is felling yuk and want to try a face mask to perk myself up and add some much needed moisture any recommendations on the best face masks and what products to avoid?
Cheersx

filou87 Sun 22-Oct-17 13:27:47

I think you're supposed to svoid vitamin a/ retinol and salicylic acid and related ingredients. I don't remember why.

I have found putting honey on my face in the bath has really cleared it up. You can also make exfoliaters with demerara sugar or salt plus olive or coconut oil. I wouldn't recommend using that in the bath or shower though as it will make it slippery.

LadyRenoir Mon 23-Oct-17 07:35:57

La Roche Posay I think are safe in pregnancy- I am not sure if they do masks, but I used their peeling and then a nice cream on top.
Embryolisse Lait Concentre is like the best cream ever, skin feels amazing after it.
Also, I would recommend a tiny amount of almond oil or coconut oil (get good quality) to massage into face before going to sleep,

Gaeilge Mon 23-Oct-17 19:11:58

Thanks very much I used to use Embryolisse Lait Concentre I completely forgot about how amazing it was will will purchase immediately smile

LadyRenoir Mon 23-Oct-17 20:24:05

@Gaeilge
If you buy on a website called escentual, they have 30% off at the moment, so it's a lot cheaper than Boots or most other places. I got myself another tube as well as a treat, this creme is so amazing! I use it every night now and love the effect!

Gaeilge Tue 24-Oct-17 13:49:38

Thanks @Lady Renoir we'll be glowing literally smile

peachgreen Tue 24-Oct-17 14:55:48

The Korean snail sheet masks you get on Amazon are the best things I've ever put on my face. So cheap, so moisturising. I do one a week and my skin is amazing!

AnneLovesGilbert Tue 24-Oct-17 14:57:59

Best moisturising mask I've ever used is from the body shop. It's an aloe one, you pop it on clean skin and leave it half an hour then rub it in and tissue off the excess. It doesn't smell and gives a lovely plumped up glow. I love it!

stellaaaaaa Tue 24-Oct-17 18:45:23

Origins Drink Up Overnight mask! Lovely and natural and smells of apricot. You just let it sink in which is great if you’re lazy like me and cba to rinse it off grin

Gaeilge Tue 24-Oct-17 19:43:41

Lots of great tips there thanks so much everyone grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now