Talk

Advanced search

Chemical pregnancy fears

(4 Posts)
lgh05 Sun 22-Oct-17 09:28:08

I am just wondering if anyone can shed any light on Chemical Pregnancy and how likely it is to still be detected if you take a test two days before AF due.

With my DD I didn't know anything about CP so didn't worry about it and got BFP 2 days before AF was due, I am wondering about taking a test this Wednesday, AF due Friday but scared it will/may be detecting a CP.

Is it the case the you can get a BFP from a CP if you test very early? Or is it just advised to be patient and wait till the day AF is due? Or if it's 2 days before AF and it's a BFP that's likely to be a viable pregnancy. I just can't work it out from all the info online!

Thanks in advance. X

JoJoSM2 Sun 22-Oct-17 18:38:17

A chemical pregnancy is any that ends before 5 or so weeks (or whenever it is too early to be seen with a scan). Some other pregnancies don’t make it through the first trimester or end later for whatever reason.

So by waiting until your period is late, you won’t know about any very very short chemicals but a longer chemical or a miscarriage you can’t avoid knowing about.

meltingmarshmallows Sun 22-Oct-17 18:49:19

Agree with what PP has said, it’s advisable not to test before AF is due but it’s possible to have a chemical pregnancy at 5 Weeks anyway.

I know reading these boards it feels almost inevitable, I had the same fears until we had a reassurance scan. then I worried until the 12w scan because of a precious MC. But it’s worth noting that women are more likely to post about their bad experiences and worries to get support, than a straightforward pregnancy. It can sometimes skew your perception, especially in those early scary weeks. So try not to read too much of the negative stuff in the first few months if you can help it and don’t worry (easier said than done). Hoping you get a BFP!

lgh05 Mon 23-Oct-17 01:23:23

Thank you both very much!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now