Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Just to check (eggs)

(9 Posts)
TobleroneBoo Sun 22-Oct-17 07:51:58

I'm at a hotel and have just read on their website that they keep their own hens. I can't have any eggs at breakfast can I? Or is it that they just can't be runny?

I'm almost 16 weeks

NamesNamesAndMoreNames Sun 22-Oct-17 07:52:55

You can have them fully cooked, definitely.

Runny, I'd risk it, but the NHS say not to smile

NamesNamesAndMoreNames Sun 22-Oct-17 07:55:50

AFAIK the 'risk' is that you'll get food poisoning from the undercooked eggs, rather than a risk of anything passing to the baby like toxoplasmosis with cheese/meat. Even if you did get unwell from eating a bad egg it would be unlikely to harm your baby, just could harm you more than usual.

That's why I'd risk it, but wouldn't risk things like brie/rare steak etc.

boatrace30 Sun 22-Oct-17 08:07:06

Advice has also been updated recently to say runny eggs are fine if lion marked (which has been the case for years by they’ve taken their time to update advice). Eggs are actually really good to eat in pregnancy in terms of all the nutrients etc.

boatrace30 Sun 22-Oct-17 08:08:07

Sorry misread your post! If they keep their own then do make sure they are fully cooked as they probably aren’t lion marked!

TheCatsMother99 Sun 22-Oct-17 08:09:07

Exactly what Namesnames said.

You're only meant to have them runny when they've been lion stamped but I would probably have them anyway.

TobleroneBoo Sun 22-Oct-17 08:11:23

Thank you for your responses! I'm not sure if it's buffet or not so I'll scope the situation and see from there

Oysterbabe Sun 22-Oct-17 09:09:18

Fully cooked will be fine.
To be honest I've just eaten eggs throughout both times and not worried about it, the risk is so low. My parents keep their own hens and I've eaten the eggs runny without thinking twice.

TobleroneBoo Sun 22-Oct-17 12:37:58

It was a buffet and they were fried, but pretty runny. I decided not to have any but the rest was so delicious, I didn't miss out grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now