Talk

Advanced search

Can't go to the toilet...help

(21 Posts)
Misssmoo Sat 21-Oct-17 20:51:03

So 11 weeks pregnant and no poo for 10 days any ideas what to do thanks xx

ashaj92 Sat 21-Oct-17 20:55:22

I was the same in my early weeks, 38 weeks now and hate to say I’m still struggling.
Try drinking pure orange juice and plenty of water throughout the day. Apricots and prunes are good too, and putting a small footstool under your feet helps open up the muscles a bit better to make it easier when you do go. 10 days is quite a long time though if you’re really struggling I’d maybe speak to your GP as your prenatal vitamins could have a lot of iron in which also make things worse (in my experience)

Misssmoo Sat 21-Oct-17 20:58:46

Thanks ash I have an appt at doc next week I've tried the fresh orange it makes me vomit im getting a little worried bow and have pain in my stomach ..hopegully will go soon xx

Lozmatoz Sat 21-Oct-17 21:10:17

Prunes, prune juice. Get to the chemist tomorrow and something over the counter. Lots of water, especially warm.

Wellandtrulyoutnumbered Sat 21-Oct-17 21:11:41

Kiwis :-)

fitbitbore Sat 21-Oct-17 21:13:29

Movicol you can buy it from the pharmacy. You should get seen asap you could be impacted!

Misssmoo Sat 21-Oct-17 21:18:54

Thanks ladies I haven't tried warm water just ice cold ill give that a go xx

FourForYouGlenCoco Sat 21-Oct-17 21:19:47

I had this problem at a similar stage. Half a pack of dried apricots and a mug of plain warm water did it for me. Sounds weird and I was sceptic but it REALLY worked! Did just the warm water this morning and that worked too! Good luck OP, it's horrible, makes you feel rubbish sad

FourForYouGlenCoco Sat 21-Oct-17 21:20:12

Sceptical even. X-post, hope it works for you.

Orangebird69 Sat 21-Oct-17 21:21:09

Peaches, pears, prunes. Are you taking iron supplements?

Cakescakescakes Sat 21-Oct-17 21:21:50

Stop taking pregnacare if you are as the iron can constipate you. I had to take a 10ml spoonful of lactulose every day during my pregnancies to keep everything working (buy over the counter and drink plenty of water). A glycerin suppository will do the trick (easily and cheaply bought over the counter) if you’re really in pain etc.

MsP0b Sat 21-Oct-17 21:23:21

Lactose over the counter from pharmacy.
Don’t take capsules that include iron, take liquid medicine multivitamin.
Don’t get dehydrated.
Footstool when on the loo.

I should take my own advice more often; 2.5 hrs on the loo on weds shock

InThisTogether Sat 21-Oct-17 21:30:18

Prunes, dates, movicol daily... good luck op.

2ducks2ducklings Sat 21-Oct-17 21:32:40

Bran flakes with warm milk on them before bed always help me. So much so that, although I love to have these while I'm watching tv, I can now only have them when I 'need' them because I end up with the other trouble!

sphinxster Sat 21-Oct-17 21:33:44

I had about three poos for the entire pregnancy with my DS. Even lactulose wouldn't shift it. I have no advice, just sympathy.

Misssmoo Sun 22-Oct-17 01:38:00

I was in hospital last week with HG on a drip etc so think the medication they ha e given me night have bungee me up to stop me vomiting can't win either way haha thanks for all your tips though ill try then all xx

Emu31 Sun 22-Oct-17 16:46:37

Are you on Odanestron for the HG? It's really common to need to take a laxative together with it as from what I've heard it bungs you up horribly - the GP should prescribe you something, and the ladies on the HG support thread can probs advise on what they have taken and what works for HG sufferers as I know you'll be very limited in terms of foods/drinks you can stomach. Sorry that you've had to endure the horrors of HG and now this. Sending hugs.

Misssmoo Sun 22-Oct-17 22:42:16

Hi emu that's what they have me whilst in hospital but im now on prochelperazine so maybe it's that I'm not sure. Hopefully I'll get sorted soon xx

OuchLegoHurts Sun 22-Oct-17 23:02:29

Oat bran sprinkled on top of every meal, along with tonnes of water. Pure roughage, should get things moving

LadyRenoir Mon 23-Oct-17 08:27:20

Get some Kefir/buttermilk (kefir can be easily found in Eastern European shops), and blend with a few prunes and a tablespoon of bran to make a smoothie for breakfast. And drink loads.

Wellandtrulyoutnumbered Mon 23-Oct-17 16:20:46

Agree with kefir too. I buy mine in health shop. Biona Kefir

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now