Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Not felt baby move

(19 Posts)
JasG Sat 21-Oct-17 15:53:34

So this is the first time I’ve ever wrote on this and I just needed some advice so I’ll apologize now for the long paragraphconfused

I’m 26 weeks and 2 days pregnant, yesterday and today baby hasn’t been moving as much as she normally would, I’ve tried just laying there, drinking a cold drink, playing music into my stomach and nothing has really worked.. I can’t phone my midwife as my original one left and now I’m in between two (one which I haven’t met yet) my doctors isn’t open and I really have no idea if this is normal and whether she’s just having a lazy day or whether something is wrong.
Also last night I had really bad lower back pain and couldn’t get comfortable as it was so painful, luckily I took some paracetamol and fell asleep

Also just to add in there that this is my first baby and I’m only 17

Any advice would be much appreciatedsmileconfused

Vanannabananna Sat 21-Oct-17 15:55:34

Call the local maternity unit and ask to be seen!

ChocolateButton15 Sat 21-Oct-17 15:55:41

Call the hospital maternity unit, the numbers will be in your maternity notes/book or on their website. Your local midwife/doctors can't do anything, the hospital might ask you to come in to be monitored for a bit.

RhinoGirl Sat 21-Oct-17 15:56:16

Get to your local Maternity Assessment Unit asap

FenellaMaxwellsPony Sat 21-Oct-17 15:56:27

If you look on your maternity notes it'll have the number for triage - call them up and ask to come in for monitoring due to reduced movement.

everydayanewday Sat 21-Oct-17 15:57:00

Go to the hospital to the maternity Assessment unit. They’ll set your mind at rest.

AccrualIntentions Sat 21-Oct-17 15:58:41

Definitely call the maternity assessment unit number in your notes and they'll advise you what to do and whether to come in for monitoring. Don't ever feel embarrassed or daft about calling them with your concerns, I have loads of times and they've always encouraged me to do so again if I'm worried about anything.

pastabest Sat 21-Oct-17 15:59:09

Ring the hospital / maternity unit that you are planning to give birth at and say exactly what you have here.

They might tell you come in so they can have a listen.

It will probably be fine but any reduction in movements should be discussed with someone trained and if needs be checked out.

PurpleDaisies Sat 21-Oct-17 16:01:30

Everyone is right-you need to be seen. It's most likely nothing to worry about but it needs checking out. Ring your local maternity unit.

BriechonCheese Sat 21-Oct-17 16:01:50

MAU will want to see you today.
Pack a bag of essentials (change of clothes, phone charger, face wipes and deodorant and a book) whilst phoning the hospital and either have some drive you immediately or get a taxi.

Let us know how you get on.

Alittlepotofrosie Sat 21-Oct-17 16:05:39

Go to the hospital straight away. They'll monitor you and listen for the heartbeat. Good luck flowers

Expectingbsbunumber2 Sat 21-Oct-17 16:07:19

Reduced movements or movements stopping need to be checked so call up your maternity unit!

WinteryWalk Sat 21-Oct-17 16:15:03

Another one joining the chorus of ‘call your maternity unit’ do it now. Let us know how you get on.

HopelesslyHopeful87 Sat 21-Oct-17 16:16:10

In my area the maternity unit refuses to monitor under 28 weeks. sad

I had a day of reduced movement at about 26 weeks and got told to lay on my left for 2 hours and have a cold drink and count the kicks. Apparently I should have had ten. If not then I should call my community midwife to arrange a dipper to hear heartbeat.

I was furious at this advice but no matter what they refused to have me in and check me.

Fortunately during that 2 hour rest period I did get some movements. God forbid what would have happened if I hadn't.

Please request to be seen op.

Jasmine1111 Sat 21-Oct-17 19:03:20

Hopelessly hopeful... what else could they have done?? The advice at any stage is to take time to feel baby’s movements. Presumably if you hadn’t felt any you would have phoned your midwife and been seen?

Jasmine1111 Sat 21-Oct-17 19:03:40

Also, OP, phone your Hospital

JasG Sat 21-Oct-17 19:09:36

Thank you for everyone’s advice, I phoned them and they told me to go in, they monitored baby and everything was fine luckily, so glad I went and felt reassured thoughsmile

GrapesAreMyJam Sat 21-Oct-17 19:30:42

I’ve had days and days of baby moving about non stop and then a day or two of barely anything. I phoned my midwife and was told that the baby will have quiet days sometimes, and it to really worry until after 30 weeks.

AccrualIntentions Sat 21-Oct-17 19:38:00

Great news, glad everything was ok smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now