Talk

Advanced search

Low amniotic fluid

(19 Posts)
SSF8 Sat 21-Oct-17 14:35:21

Anyone experience this?
I’m 16+3 and have just had a scan and found out that I have decreased amniotic fluid. I googled and doesn’t sound like it’s a great outcome!

Lozmatoz Sat 21-Oct-17 17:04:33

Bump for you

Dolwar Sat 21-Oct-17 21:46:47

I really wouldn't google medical things if you haven't got a scrap of medical knowledge. It can mean a problem with the kidneys/bladder. Your anomaly scan will give you more information. It does increase the risk of premature birth though so be aware.

SSF8 Sun 22-Oct-17 14:10:37

Easier said than done not to google. Get an emergency scan tomorrow to see what’s going on!!

Naomi2007 Sun 22-Oct-17 15:22:47

Hi Just wanted to let you know I went for a scan at 28 weeks to be told I was low on fluid then at 32 weeks it had increased my sonographer said "oh you must have been taking it easy". That was my experience, fingers crossed yours is similar

SonicBoomBoom Sun 22-Oct-17 15:24:48

I had low fluid at my 20 week scan, it had corrected itself by the 28 week scan they did.

Don't panic.

Skyechasemarshalsfanmum Sun 22-Oct-17 16:26:06

Dont panic.
Waters regenerate.
Mine broke at 28 weeks and dd stayed put with monotoring until 36 weeks when we had her c section.

SSF8 Sun 22-Oct-17 22:10:11

I think I’m leaking them... it’s hard to tell because I’ve been on off bleeding and spotting since 12 weeks. But I feel like there’s something coming out but no blood in my pad. But it could just be my imagination because I can’t help but think the worst! I don’t know.... I’m so anxious about tomorrow, just want to get my appointment over and done with

Oysterbabe Sun 22-Oct-17 22:13:41

Best of luck flowers

Naomi2007 Mon 23-Oct-17 06:10:05

OP i was in hospital the week before they told me I was low on fluid saying I was leaking something. Turns out it was just really watery discharge! Like water. So when they told me I was low I panicked and was convinced they were wrong and I was leaking fluid but they wasn't. It's crazy what your body does during pregnancy. Best of luck for today.

SSF8 Mon 23-Oct-17 08:25:24

How did they find out it was discharge? Can they do a swab and test it?? I’m literally praying everything is ok. I lost my last pregnancy and was just starting to feel safe with this one after a few scares!
Also found out it was a girl at the same time as we found out I had low fluid. My daughter is over the moon to be having a little sister, I would hate to have to tell her it’s all gone wrong!

confusedlittleone Mon 23-Oct-17 10:29:00

Yes they can do a test although it isn't always 100% it will give them a reasonable indication. It's likely you'll be placed on bed rest tho

Naomi2007 Mon 23-Oct-17 11:50:49

Yes just a swab test. They are pretty confident if it's your waters so try not to worry. They measure the deepest pool when then scan you so don't be surprised today if it's different. Try not to worry Hun I know what an anxious time is can be but honestly it can correct itself

SSF8 Tue 24-Oct-17 08:14:49

Just a little update... baby was fine on the scan, still have reduced fluid but they can’t yet confirm if my waters have broken or not.
They took some swabs (couldn’t do an instant test because I was still bleeding) but the doc couldn’t see any fluid leaking when she looked at my cervix, and said my cervix was long and closed (which I think it what it’s meant to be)
Booked me in for another scan and review for a weeks time to see what’s going on.
And started me on antibiotics to reduce the risk of infection if my waters have gone.
They also sent a neonatal consultant to speak with us about the risks and complications of delivering early.
Was a lot to take in, so was sent home to rest and think about everything that was said and wait until my appointment next Monday!
Bleeding got worse over night and had a few clots, but I’m hoping that’s from irritation from having a speculum, as I’m not in any pain or anything.
Need to keep our fingers crossed and make it to Monday for my next appointment.
Sorry about the essay.... I think that’s just about covered what happened yesterday though!

SSF8 Fri 17-Nov-17 23:34:21

Just another update if anyone is still here...
We lost our baby at 18 weeks after low fluid caused the cord to prolapse. I was blue lighted into hospital and gave birth to a beautiful baby girl. Far too early for this world and joined the angels on 2/11/17

Jeds55 Sat 18-Nov-17 02:22:01

Sorry to hear this, hope you've been given lots of support. Thank you for coming back to update xx

Helbelle75 Sat 18-Nov-17 02:31:02

So sorry to hear this. Simply devastating. Look after yourself.

ViserionTheDragon Sat 18-Nov-17 02:55:55

Sorry to hear this OP flowers. Stay strong xxx.

teabagfreak Sat 18-Nov-17 04:54:07

So sorry to hear your sad outcome, thoughts with you and stay strong ❤️

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now