Talk

Advanced search

Help with pregnancy tests: positive?

(9 Posts)
blaisepruce Sat 21-Oct-17 13:08:01

Hi all,

So I estimate I’m about 8 weeks pregnant but for the first 6-7 weeks, pregnancy tests couldn’t pick it up. In the last week or so I’ve done 6 tests. I’ve had one positive result, one very faint positive, three negative and one non result.

I’m really confused about this and the faint positive is so faint pretty much only me and my mum can see it after asking my sister, partner and friend as well!

The left is the faint one and the right is the positive - but I’m worried the first (left) one was a false positive and that I’m seeing things in the top test!

Let me know what you think and think it could be mistake considering my ‘pregnancy’ wasn’t picked up for such a long time by tests!

Thanks guys.

LittleLights Sat 21-Oct-17 13:10:32

Looks like a flooded test to me, I think I would disregard and stick to the ones that say pregnant or not pregnant.

blaisepruce Sat 21-Oct-17 13:12:10

Yeah I think it could be but I flooded another test which was the non result. This positive was dipped for only 5 seconds in a sample. Hmm...

TheCatsMother99 Sat 21-Oct-17 13:51:55

Hi

I'm pretty sure the one on the right is flooded, I also can't see a line on the one on the left unfortunately. I had a pretty obvious line when I was 2 days late for my period so if you're as pregnant as you think you are I would expect it to have been darker.

TheCatsMother99 Sat 21-Oct-17 13:53:48

For context. This was mine when I was 2 days late (3-4 weeks pregnant).

Could you be earlier on than you think?

blaise13 Sat 21-Oct-17 14:04:37

Hi thanks for this. I mean I could be but I haven’t had a period since 21 August and didn’t have sex until I was about 1 week late the first time. I’ll just take another one in a couple of days I guess.

CL1982 Sat 21-Oct-17 14:50:49

Try not to use the blue tests-the red tests are much more reliable 😀

Waitingonasmile Sat 21-Oct-17 15:48:32

I would say those tests are negative and invalid.

Try a frer! Good luck

blaise13 Sat 21-Oct-17 17:00:50

Thank you! Will try a FRER

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now