Talk

Advanced search

38+2 could labour be on the way?

(3 Posts)
ashaj92 Sat 21-Oct-17 11:12:22

Really desperate for a bit of advice..
This is my first baby so literally have no idea what signs and symptoms I’m looking for really!!
I’m 38 weeks and 2 days pregnant today, I’m generally uncomfortable 24/7 now but the last 3 nights or so I’ve been having really strong lower back ache and cramps in both my hips/pelvis. More recently I’ve started getting them around my front bits too, twinges that only from experience I can say are similar to having a UTI. Literally makes me jump sometimes and wakes me up, almost like an electric shock. Saw the midwife yesterday and she dipped my urine so I know that’s clear.
I’m quite petite in build, and have had previous problems with pelvic and back pain (physio seemed to think my pelvis is misaligned) so the midwife also said because of this and everything’s so tight now baby doesn’t really have much room to move so that could be making the pain worse. I’ve no idea if I’ve had Braxton Hicks or not because everything is constantly tight, so haven’t had any of these so called ‘tightenings’ that people tell me about.
Just feeling so fed up and like this baby is never going to make an appearance! I know I’ve still got time but just want to feel like I know what my body’s telling me.
Any words of wisdom are greatly appreciated. Thanks x

Sharles Sat 21-Oct-17 12:05:29

Hi asaj21, . You sound really worried but there's nothing to worry about. I've had 3 children and to be honest I've had that same pain in my pelvis and front from about 37weeks . It was uncomfortable to sleep to move to do anything really . As everything feels so tight already you may not know if you have had Braxton hicks but, that's ok as when it's the real thing trust me they'll be no doubt. Just hang tight pardon the pun . You'll be fine . The good news is the baby could come 2 weeks before so the baby could come any day. If you're still really worried call the maternity ward and speak to a nurse. I did that for my first and they were very helpful . I hope this helps a bit.

ashaj92 Sat 21-Oct-17 13:40:53

Thank you Sharles I really appreciate it. I am really worried now it’s all starting to feel a bit more imminent, I think it’s mostly the fear of the complete unknown!
The pain was so bad one night about a week ago I nearly did ring labour ward but I work in healthcare myself so don’t want to be ‘that person’ who rings them for every little thing 😂 (can’t do right for doing wrong really haha)
Pleased to know it’s not just me, just such a strange sort of pain. Think I may ring and speak to them if it doesn’t ease as especially at night when it’s bad it’s really bad x

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: