Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

'Dancing' when pregnant?

(17 Posts)
Veggiehappy Sat 21-Oct-17 10:48:45

This is slightly embarrassing but sometimes if i cant be bothered going to the gym or after a stressful day i put on my headphones and dance around to loud music - obviously when nobody is around to see lol. I really enjoy this and work up quite a sweat - usually jumping around, arms swaying in various directions lol. Bow im just 4 weeks pregnant is it still safe to do this? sad

Santawontbelong Sat 21-Oct-17 10:50:31

I was still clubbing at 34 weeks. . No alcohol involved. .

Caulk Sat 21-Oct-17 10:52:55

You’ll be fine!
My friend did a triathlon at 16weeks

Foggymist Sat 21-Oct-17 11:34:55

Of course it's safe confused

RoseAndRose Sat 21-Oct-17 11:37:20

Yes, continuing existing levels of exercise is recommended during pregnancy.

You might have to change when your centre of gravity alters and/or when your ligaments soften.

Notlostjustexploring Sat 21-Oct-17 11:45:32

I was dancing at a ceilidh at 7 months....

EsmeeMerlin Sat 21-Oct-17 11:52:18

Of course it's safe at just 4 weeks pregnant confused

It's recommended you keep up exercise during pregnancy but you listen to your body and don't over do it.

NotTheDuchessOfCambridge Sat 21-Oct-17 11:54:11

How do you know you’re prganant at 4 weeks? I think it’ll be ok to dance though, I mean, people don’t really realise they are pregnant until further along and carry on a usual.

faintlinesquints Sat 21-Oct-17 12:04:44

Totally fine dancing mama grin

Veggiehappy Sun 22-Oct-17 10:07:53

Thats good news then i will keep it up! 1st pregnancy so totally unsure of everyrhings. It's really early days i know...took early test last weekend and it came back positive and my period was due 3 days ago but hasnt come yet so retested and positive line is much darker...

Veggiehappy Sun 22-Oct-17 10:09:15

Haha faintlinesquints that will totally be me if this all works out!!

MiaowTheCat Sun 22-Oct-17 10:16:55

The kids' ballet teacher was still doing her high-level exams (my eyes tend to glaze over when they start wittering about dancing grades, associate stuff etc... I just write endless cheques for the kids' lessons) when she was fairly middly-heavily pregnant.

CrimsonKitten Sun 22-Oct-17 21:03:54

I envy you. I'm 7 weeks and I've felt awful ever since I conceived. I'm a trained dancer and I do this all the time instead of going to the gym but since I fell pregnant, I can barely stand up without vomitting.

NerdyViking Sun 22-Oct-17 21:36:20

My mw told me if it’s something you’re used to doing, then you’re fine to keep it up. Just listen to your body 😉 For what it’s worth, I’m 37 weeks and still doing a (slightly modified) ballet class, but I have also been dancing since I was about 3 lol

butterybean Sun 22-Oct-17 22:19:16

I was still stomping to techno at 39 weeks. Dance away, its all good.

AnythingNotEverything Sun 22-Oct-17 22:31:47

Congratulations. Come join the June antenatal group. Lots of first timers and old hands there to share this time with smile

thingymaboob Sun 22-Oct-17 22:41:36

Serena Williams won the Australian open in her first trimester

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now