Talk

Advanced search

Itchy and restless legs

(10 Posts)
manandbeast Sat 21-Oct-17 09:19:27

I've been suffering from itching skin and restless legs for a while now but it's starting to get me down and really affect my sleep.... night before last the restless legs were accompanied by all I can describe as rushes of anxiety that kept waking me up.

Is it worth mentioning to a midwife? Is there anything anyone has tried that has relieved this?

Thanks!

Smallpotatolove Sat 21-Oct-17 09:21:06

Magnesium spray! You can buy it on amazon (just the plain one not the sleep one as that has Clary sage in it) It's amazing stuff.

Smallpotatolove Sat 21-Oct-17 09:21:53

I would mention the itching to the midwife though as that can be a sign of liver problems when pregnant I think.

Oldschool41 Sat 21-Oct-17 09:41:13

Restless legs is awful. I get it most nights. It keeps me awake and I have then get up as it’s just annoying

ANIDOO Sat 21-Oct-17 09:43:06

Aah I hated the restless legs! And cramp!

grasspigeons Sat 21-Oct-17 09:45:26

Please mention the itching - can you get hold of anyone today? They do a quick blood test and all you back if need be. It can just be because your hot and sweaty, but it can also indicate a liver thing that needs managing.

Expectingbsbunumber2 Sat 21-Oct-17 11:46:49

Ive had this for about a week it's driving me bloody mad!! Wake
Up in the night and can't get back to sleep

MudsMVP Sat 21-Oct-17 11:51:23

Do follow it up with your midwife asap. As others have said, intense itching in pregnancy can be a sign of obstetric cholestasis, which is a liver condition that needs to be monitored.

manandbeast Sat 21-Oct-17 13:58:20

Ah ok thankyou everyone .
Will let the midwife know and try magnesium spray.... desperate!

manandbeast Sat 21-Oct-17 14:03:30

It's hard to determine what a normal level of itching is!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now