Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Is this the bloody show?

(5 Posts)
1997r2017 Sat 21-Oct-17 09:03:26

Hi, I had cramping in my lower stomach and back last night and I still have it, however this morning I woke up with dark brown discharge, kind of like spotting but no mucus. Could this be my bloody show?
I’m 40 weeks.
Also I had sex yesterday and I read it can be an irritated cervix- could it just be this?

1997r2017 Sat 21-Oct-17 09:04:55

I read that sex can cause spotting*

Lozmatoz Sat 21-Oct-17 09:17:07

Could be either.... it’s really just a waiting game.

MrsCharlieD Sat 21-Oct-17 12:49:08

Bloody show is blood streaked mucus, either brown, pink or red coloured. I've been getting brown streaked mucus along with snot like mucus for 3 days now and I'm still not in labour. I read I would go into labour within 48 hours but that doesn't appear to be the case and I'm now 40+5.

1997r2017 Sat 21-Oct-17 22:21:44

It was bc later today there’s was mucus aswell, I guess I didn’t notice it before .. and the cramps haven’t stopped either, I’m hoping my sweep on Monday works😊

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: