Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Period type bleeding

(3 Posts)
Vixg83 Sat 21-Oct-17 07:50:52

I’m only 4 weeks and 6bdays pregnant, so I know it’s mega early, but so far I’ve had every symptom going, nausea, sore boobs, back ache, cramps and ridiculously high emotions.
But today I started bleeding....not particularly heavy, but I’m also not sure it was light enough to pass for spotting either. It basically looked like a period, along with the period type cramps. I’ve been to the doctor, but because it’s so early she can’t say either way, so she’s booked me in for a scan on Wednesday.
Was feeling pretty optimistic as apart from the bleeding I didn’t feel particularly different in myself, and still felt pretty prego ( as much as you can for 4 weeks 6 days) but I’ve just realised my boobs don’t really hurt anymore. They’ve been agony for the past week, but now nothing. This worries me more than anything, and I’m petrified now that this bleeding is actually a miscarriage.
I’m not in any massive pain and haven’t passed any clots, so I’m hoping nothing bad has happened.
Has anyone had a similar experience?

DRSLondon Sat 21-Oct-17 10:32:17

Unfortunately it's impossible to know based on what you've said. I didn't get any pregnancy symptoms until 7 weeks so I don't know what they indicate. If you have your hcg taken for a few consecutive days then you can see if it doubles at the correct rate. I've miscarried at 4 weeks (chemical) and 8 weeks and never had clots, just period type bleeding.
It's so stressful, I'm sorry you are going through this and I hope you get a positive outcome x

Cyclewidow46 Sat 21-Oct-17 13:20:22

Please be prepared for your scan next week to come back as inconclusive.
You’ll be just over 5 weeks which is still very early to see a pregnancy, even if you have a transvaginal (internal scan).
Chances are they will get you to return for a second scan no less than one week later, although usually two weeks in most places. The first scan will act as a baseline so hopefully they’ll see a pregnancy. If they do then great, everything is progressing as it should. Many people bleed during early pregnancy and we don’t always see a cause for the bleeding.
There should have been some sort of progression after 1-2 weeks wait and so if a pregnancy is still not visible then unfortunately it will mean that you have miscarried.
I hope this helps you.
Good luck with your scan next week x

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: