Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Sugar in urine - does it always mean gestational diabetes?

(5 Posts)
thingymaboob Fri 20-Oct-17 20:27:26

I gave a urine sample at midwife office today and had +2 glucose in my urine. I'm 28 weeks and have now been referred for a glucose tolerance test. I had eaten 2 chocolate bars (twirl & Turkish delight - don't judge!) about and hour beforehand. The midwife said it might be that. Anyone else had glucose in their urine but tested negative for gestational diabetes?

engineeringmummy Fri 20-Oct-17 23:40:54

I don't think anyone can judge chocolate intake :-) At about 30 weeks I believe it was mine tested positive. I had eaten coco pops and a lemon posset (odd choice for breakfast I know). I had already had the glucose test at 28 weeks and was cleared. MW said it could just be a one off. Following appointment and everyone since has been clear. So it could just be a one off for yourself too.

thingymaboob Fri 20-Oct-17 23:44:13

Thanks @engineeringmummy. I had my wee tested at GP week before and it was clear. I'm hoping you're right do its a one off!

engineeringmummy Fri 20-Oct-17 23:51:07

Fingers crossed for you! The results come back pretty quickly. I now make sure to take a pot home and bring it in with the first wee of the morning to ensure what I just ate doesn't intefere :-) this was the MW suggestion.

BertieBeats Fri 20-Oct-17 23:58:05

I had the same at 32 weeks with my third. Baby was measuring big and glucose was detected in my urine sample. Had a test and came back negative. Turns out baby measuring bigger was compared to my previous 2, both at 5Ibs ,and the glucose was just one of those things that can sometimes happen when pregnant (was first thing in the morning and had had nothing sugary).
Remember being so worried about it whilst waiting for results. I'm sure you'll be fine smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now