Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Babybond scan anyone?

(16 Posts)
Jodiexsummer Fri 20-Oct-17 20:06:25

Hiya everyone 💗
Has anyone had a just gender scan done by baby bond?
I've got mine booked for this Sunday, and I'm so excited! I'll be 20+5 weeks then..
Just wanted to know if anyone had any experience with them?
Thanks in advance!
Jodie X

DovahBee11 Fri 20-Oct-17 20:12:53

I've had two done by them. One with my first baby and then one this time. Lovely experience both times! The sonographers were lovely both times and really took us through everything, showing us baby in detail.

InThisTogether Fri 20-Oct-17 20:12:57

Hi Jodie,
I'm now 34 weeks and we had a gender scan at 16 weeks and absolutely loved every second! Seeing the baby, taking time with my dh in a relaxing setting, going home with the scan pictures - the lot!
Unlike NHS (who do an amazing job), because it's private it's lovely and relaxed and a very different experience.
In fact I loved it so much that we had another one (4d) at 29 weeks on our wedding anniversary.
I can't recommend it enough (and no I don't work for them!), you'll love it! Enjoy...

FannyTheFlamingo Fri 20-Oct-17 20:14:34

I had one. It was a lovely experience. They're very thorough and really take the time to get the best pictures and measurements. My little one was holding onto the cord and it was obscuring her face, so they let me go for a walk around and then I went back in for them to do another scan. The cord was still in the way, but the sonographer still got some really good pictures. They offered me a rescan or partial refund. You'll have a lovely time!

ChocolatePancake Fri 20-Oct-17 20:23:23

Had one 11 years ago! They gave us a lot of photos and a video. I was quite far along but she still managed to get some great photos - not very easy so far along as they're very squished up!

Jodiexsummer Fri 20-Oct-17 21:17:15

Aww thank you all so much for your replies! You've all made me even more excited now!
I know exactly what you mean InThisTogether. My 20 weeks nhs scan wasn't the best experience really as my little 3 year old girl got a bit jealous I think and played up the whole time! The sonographer couldn't tell the gender as babys legs were tightly crossed so hoping this doesn't happen again this time round! ☺️☺️ I'll try a sugary drink and chocolate before going in haha! Thanks again xxx

Mrshand123 Sat 21-Oct-17 15:34:29

I'm booking an early scan with them. I can't wait x

JohnnyMcGrathSaysFuckOff Sat 21-Oct-17 15:37:43

They did an early scan for us which was where we found out about our twins! Lovely experience, super thorough and it is NHS sonographers moonlighting so they do know their stuff.

InThisTogether Sat 21-Oct-17 21:46:09

Let us know how it goes!

InThisTogether Sat 21-Oct-17 21:46:10

Let us know how it goes!

Jodiexsummer Sun 22-Oct-17 14:44:42

Awh hiya again! Well the lady could tell us straight away, we're having another little girly! So happy to finally know! 💗💗
And she even put it on 4D for us for a while! Our girly was waving around in there, completely amazing! Xxx

InThisTogether Sun 22-Oct-17 14:47:46

Lovely, congrats OP you sound really happy. Great news for you.

Jodiexsummer Sun 22-Oct-17 15:43:37

Thank you 😘

LadyRenoir Mon 23-Oct-17 07:51:08

Mine was , well, OK. Better than NHS in terms of telling us what is what, but super short- they called us in 6 minutes late and we were done in 4 minutes.
We were doing a gender scan and we got to listen to the heart (NHS never let us listen) and got the printouts, but still, for almost 60 GBP I would expect a bit more.

ClaireBear1986 Mon 23-Oct-17 10:33:56

I found my Baby Bond scan amazing, and everyone else I know has agreed. Highly recommend them!! And a lot cheaper than most private scans in the area.

Its such a relaxing environment, no waiting, great staff, very friendly and didn't feel rushed at all.

We also got loads of free pics in a little photo book too.

I have had 2 NHS scans which have both been horrible experiences, but the Baby Bond scans have been excellent.

Will be returning for an early gender scan, and keeping my fingers crossed that baby doesn't keep his/her legs crossed.

Your pics are amazing OP smile

Jodiexsummer Mon 23-Oct-17 16:00:11

Oh that's frustrating LadyRenoir 😟
We were waiting for half an hour before we went in for our scan because the lady before us scan wasn't going to plan.. But to be fair they didn't rush us when it came to our turn

ClaireBear1986 aww sounds fab! Yess it was so much cheaper to other places, we only paid £39! And thank you I can't stop looking at the photos!
I have heard of a few stories where 3 lines between the legs can mean a boy?? But both sonographers assured me they were almost certain girl 💗 Xxx

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: