Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Is it positive?

(17 Posts)
HP07 Fri 20-Oct-17 19:46:27

I think I may be pregnant. I am late for my period, by my dates I think I should have started my period on Monday however I’m not 100% sure on that as my last period lasted something in the region of 8-9 days and the first few days were more like spotting than actual flow. I struggled massively to conceive my first child and so this is unexpected to say the least. We have not been using contraception, on purpose using a wait and see approach but I didn’t think I would fall with such ease.
Here are two tests that have been taken today. Both taken during the daytime so not using fmu. I will take another in the morning with fmu to see if the lines are more bold. What do you think? Is it positive? My husband and I are both hoping it’s a yes.

Santawontbelong Fri 20-Oct-17 19:47:05

Looks like you are up the duff op!! Congratulations!!

Stiddleficks Fri 20-Oct-17 19:48:33

Yes I’d say that’s definitely positive, I had a fainter line on my last test and she’s now 2!
Congratulations flowers

IAmALionTamer Fri 20-Oct-17 19:49:21

Yes!! Congratulations flowers

HP07 Fri 20-Oct-17 19:53:01

Thank you. I have to say, both my husband and I are a little shell shocked. I have a range of fertility issues and it took 2 years to conceive my son. This has been maybe 3 or 4 cycles with rather haphazard dtd and no ‘trying’. Very exciting.

HAGI12 Fri 20-Oct-17 20:06:13

It's positive!!! Congratulations!!!

MistyMinge Fri 20-Oct-17 20:11:10

Yep that's definitely positive! Congratulations. We tried for over 12 months with DC1, one quickie on a Sunday morning resulted in DC2. I think I was a lot more chilled second time round and we weren't really 'trying'.

gamerchick Fri 20-Oct-17 20:14:28

You don’t need to take any more tests. Those are clear positives.

Congrats.

Lozmatoz Fri 20-Oct-17 20:36:55

Preggers! Congratulations!

champagneplanet Fri 20-Oct-17 20:37:44

That is definitely a positive! Congrats x

CrmbleBee Fri 20-Oct-17 20:46:21

Congratulations! grin

MiniAlphaBravo Fri 20-Oct-17 20:50:19

Surprised you're asking. Definitely pregnant. Congrats

TheCatsMother99 Fri 20-Oct-17 20:54:05

Definitely preggo!!

HP07 Fri 20-Oct-17 20:56:48

Haha MiniAlphaBravo, I think it’s the shock of it, so unexpected and also when I tested for my son it was really dark even on the first test I did.

ruthieruthuk Fri 20-Oct-17 22:59:10

Congratulations, I can see a line, took me
18months conceive my first, I also had a round of IVF which failed, I found out I was pregnant the following month on holiday!

Conceived fine after that, a little slower than other people due to damaged Fallopian tubes but we also did a the try n see what happens approach. All the best x

HP07 Sat 21-Oct-17 09:58:47

Definitely a lot darker this morning with fmu. Thanks guys. Looks like we’re having a little brother or sister for my boy!

MiniAlphaBravo Sun 22-Oct-17 11:04:00

Congratulations

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: