Talk

Advanced search

Lost plug...go to party or not?

(9 Posts)
sleepseeker99 Fri 20-Oct-17 17:24:20

I'm 36 weeks and lost my plug this morning, have been feeling twinges down there all day and having non painful contractions. There was no blood in the plug.

Now here's my dilemma. It's my friends birthday house party this evening. I haven't seen here in an age. She has been a bit flaky but is going through a really tough time. Equally I have cancelled a couple of times because my back was bad and I couldn't drive.

Should I go to the party? I really don't want to cancel on her again but worried about going into labour and how to get back (Have to drive myself about 30 mins away) Does the above sound like its imminent? Or just normal Thurs trimester symptoms?

Oysterbabe Fri 20-Oct-17 17:45:43

I'd go, it doesn't mean labour is imminent and you can always get a cab. Take your notes and bag though.

Ilovechocolate111 Fri 20-Oct-17 17:48:16

I would go. If you did go into labour she'll be happy that it's on her bday 😀 have you last chance of freedom lol xx

sleepseeker99 Fri 20-Oct-17 17:49:52

Thanks for replying! Good idea putting notes etc in the boot. Maybe I'm just over over thinking it as I want it to be labour time smile

SquareWord Fri 20-Oct-17 17:51:13

Labour could be weeks away. Go and enjoy yourself whilst you have the chance.

JoWithABow Fri 20-Oct-17 17:56:16

Go to the party, I think at 36 weeks its unlikely even with twinges, and you'll not be as free to go out soon so enjoy it while you can

demirose87 Fri 20-Oct-17 17:59:55

I would go as long as it wasn't too far. I lost my plug at 34 weeks but didn't have baby till 39 weeks planned section.

MagicFajita Fri 20-Oct-17 21:31:36

Go.

I lost my plug a week ago and am still very pregnant.

Enjoy the party.

ruthieruthuk Fri 20-Oct-17 22:55:07

Go, go, go, enjoy yourself! May be the last time for a while, u don’t have to stay ages just show ur face. Sure your friend will be happy to see you! All the best x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now