Talk

Advanced search

Maternity pads - any recommendations?

(16 Posts)
AnUtterIdiot Fri 20-Oct-17 14:54:22

Hi all. I'm trying to sort out my hospital bag and wanted to order some maternity sanitary pads which I gather we need after the birth! Can anyone recommend a decent brand? I couldn't seem to find where they were kept at all in Tesco, and Amazon doesn't seem to have much of a selection either.

Belle1409 Fri 20-Oct-17 14:57:14

I used boots own brand, they often have them on 3 for 2 as well.

Rainycity Fri 20-Oct-17 15:10:02

I bought Naty ones for my hospital bag, which were good but once I realised how many I’d get through I just got Sainsbury’s own brand, which did the job!

actino Fri 20-Oct-17 16:01:50

My midwife said to get the good cotton ones for right after the birth, so I got two packs of those from waitrose. I'm going to get some cheaper supermarket ones after the good ones run out.

Olivebrach Fri 20-Oct-17 16:10:13

Morrisons do packs near baby things (nappies ect) which do the job great and aren't majorly expensive.

ownedbySWD Fri 20-Oct-17 16:19:36

I just use the Tesco brand ones, and double or triple up - two side by side overlapping at the front and angling out towards the back with a third over the top. Sounds crazy but works well.

mindutopia Fri 20-Oct-17 16:32:07

I’ve used boots twice now and really liked them. They were 3 for 2 the other week on maternity stuff.

AnUtterIdiot Fri 20-Oct-17 17:07:55

Thanks all!

SpinDry Fri 20-Oct-17 17:20:17

I bled so much I found Tena pants to be the only thing that worked for me as everything else leaked.

Ilovechocolate111 Fri 20-Oct-17 17:53:11

I bled a lot too. Only ones that were any good for me was always night ones.
Sometimes at night thought i would have to wear 2 (really embarrassing lol) but they are cheap and can get them from pound land x

nightshade Fri 20-Oct-17 17:59:57

Yep..basic cotton..nice and padded..I used Dr whites....not maternity...I found after stitches that the ones that lock in moisture irritated and didn't allow healing as well...

RhonaRugMuncherr Fri 20-Oct-17 18:02:50

On a side note, pour some witch hazel on a pad, wrap it in clingfilm and put in your fridge. Its soothing for the swollen days that will follow.

Lozmatoz Fri 20-Oct-17 21:58:37

With my first baby, I sent my DH out to me some. He came back with giant tena lady. I was so annoyed he hasn’t read the label properly, but they were tricking awesome!

GreenGoblin0 Fri 20-Oct-17 22:26:31

boots thick maternity pads are good. a word of caution when I ran out of these I sent DP down to sainsburys to get some more and he got ordinary thin sented sanitary towels which I really didn't not like wearing against my healing episiotomy stiches (and the 'super absorbant layer') seemed to stick to them blush

OoohSmooch Fri 20-Oct-17 22:37:49

All the own brands ones are fine, however I had a c section so no stitching down south.

I had extremely sore nipples from my babies tongue tie though and found the Lansinoh breast pads the softest....the own brand ones were like sandpaper compared to those 😂

The BEST of luck with everything!

Booagain Fri 20-Oct-17 22:39:08

Tena pants all the way. Had them for baby 1 and they prob one of the best things I bought.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now