Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Clueless 2nd time mum

(9 Posts)
happymum91 Fri 20-Oct-17 09:13:09

Hi ladies, just asking if anyone has had a similar experience to me.
I'm currently 36+4 weeks pregnant with my 2nd and i haven't actually experienced the beginning of labour as my waters broke with DS1 with no warning at 37 weeks and I had to be induced with the drip which got intense very fast and DS1 was born very quickly.
So a couple of days ago I started getting regular contractions that went from 10 minutes apart to around 4 minutes apart within 3 hours and had progressed to 2cm but a few hours later my contractions just stopped and the doctor sent me home from hospital.

Now for the last couple of days I've had on and off period pain and backache. I also lost my mucous plus yesterday. Does this mean it could be soon or do I still have a way to go yet? I hope I haven't rambled too much and it makes some sort of sense! X

ChocolatePancake Fri 20-Oct-17 15:45:52

It honestly depends on what your body and baby is upto! Just relax, it could be hours or it could be weeks yet. I was sent into early labour because I had flu (swine flu, quarantined and everything!) and it calmed down and I eventually had to be induced 2 months later. Good luck flowers

tootsieglitterballs Fri 20-Oct-17 17:10:54

Similar situation @happymum91 .... lost my plug / bloody show, back ache ramped up, on the loo constantly, contractions started, ended up being checked out - contractions had done nothing. Docs said I could be back in a few hours, few days or a couple of weeks!

The not knowing is tough!

I was induced first time round too so have no experience of spontaneous labour either! I’ve been trying to relax and keep myself occupied but the thought that I could go into labour anytime is rather distracting ..::,

MrsCharlieD Fri 20-Oct-17 18:38:46

I'm in a similar position but last time I went into labour naturally and it was pretty much text book. This time I had a bloody show yesterday morning, started getting period pain, back ache and tightenings and then nothing. Continued to get plug loss and more show but still no cigar 30 hours later. I'm 40+4 and finding this stop start nonsense so frustrating. Today I've had the runs, tightenings and period type pains but still nothing is progressing.

tootsieglitterballs Fri 20-Oct-17 18:51:10

@MrsCharlieD the runs sounds promising for you! From asking around, the general time from loosing plug is 3-5 days or 2 weeks (or longer) ... I’m only 35 weeks so I’m hoping for the 2 weeks or longer!

happymum91 Fri 20-Oct-17 19:59:11

Thank you all for your replies. It's comforting to see it's not just me going through this. I've had a bad tummy today too but nothing else has progressed. I think I'm going to drive myself crazy with symptom spotting and looking everything up on google haha. x

tootsieglitterballs Fri 20-Oct-17 20:01:51

@happymum91 symptom spotting at the end of pregnancy is almost harder than symptom spotting at the beginning!

happymum91 Fri 20-Oct-17 20:20:48

@tootsieglitterballs definitely!

Let's hope these babies don't keep us waiting much longer! x

MrsCharlieD Fri 20-Oct-17 21:23:05

They should call the end of pregnancy the 5 week wait. More than twice the length of It's ttc cousin and 10 times bloody worse!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now