Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Having HCG levels checked...???

(18 Posts)
MelanieBaby3 Thu 19-Oct-17 22:40:13

Hi I just joined the site tonight. Only found out I'm pregnant last Thursday, went to hospital Saturday with pains and was told I was almost 8 weeks (judging by my last period only) and sent home with a scheduled scan appointment for Wednesday (yesterday). Got there had the scan and they found no sign of a baby.

Was then sent for blood tests to check the level of HCG which was only 237. I have to go back tomorrow to get the levels checked again. Apparently if the levels fall I am miscarrying, if they stay the same I'm having an ectopic and if they rise I have the chance of a normal pregnancy.

Has anyone else been through this?

Thanks in advance x

Julesbegone Sat 21-Oct-17 22:47:03

How did it go @MelanieBaby3?

Mugglenet Sat 21-Oct-17 22:58:15

Been through this myself. Couldn't find a baby and they called it an unknown location pregnancy. Unfortunately my levels dropped and it was miscarriage. I feel pregnant very quickly again and im now 17weeks. Hope you got some good news. X

MelanieBaby3 Sun 22-Oct-17 19:27:48

Thank you both, that's what they were treating mine as, unknown location. Thankfully I got good news my levels more than doubled in 48 hours so I'm having a scan this coming wednesday. Obviously I cant say I'm out of the woods yet as I'm only early but things are looking on the right track. Thanks for asking.

JoJoSM2 Sun 22-Oct-17 20:10:40

With those hCG levels, you're likely to be 4.5 weeks along, though. It would explain why they couldn't see anything on the scan. Are your cycles very irregular?

Mugglenet Sun 22-Oct-17 21:02:32

Great news your levels have doubled. Could be just 2 early to tell. Its an emotional rollercoaster. Make sure you take a little bit of time to look after yourself. Keep us up to date. X

gifthorse2017 Sun 22-Oct-17 23:07:12

Excellent news! Good luck for Wednesday!

Julesbegone Sun 22-Oct-17 23:08:05

Brilliant, OP. Wishing you all the best for Wednesday.

MelanieBaby3 Mon 23-Oct-17 07:14:00

Yeah my cycles are irregular, I told them all about that and told them I was only very early but they went with 8 weeks until they checked the levels. Levels are now over 1000 so I'm hoping the scan Wednesday will tell me how many weeks I am. Thanks all x

JoJoSM2 Mon 23-Oct-17 08:01:44

I’ll bet you’ll be 5 weeks or just over and they might be able to see the sac on Wednesday. Good luck!

Brenna24 Mon 23-Oct-17 10:03:59

Best of luck on Wednesday. flowers

Julesbegone Thu 26-Oct-17 11:08:29

@MelanieBaby3 how did you get on yesterday?

MelanieBaby3 Thu 26-Oct-17 11:11:14

The plot thickens! They still couldn't see an actual baby at the scan but they think they can see 2 fluid sacs so may be having twins!? I have to go back yet again for another scan 😩😂

JoJoSM2 Thu 26-Oct-17 12:10:05

2 fluid sacs? As opposed to gestational sacs? hmm Good luck at he next scan!

Julesbegone Thu 26-Oct-17 17:00:02

When will the next scan be? How frustrating - have been thinking of you!

Mugglenet Thu 26-Oct-17 21:19:42

That sounds so frustrating. When do you get another scan then. Have they offered to check your hgc levels again?

MelanieBaby3 Fri 27-Oct-17 06:38:03

Aww thank you all for asking, my next scan is November 8th, whether or not they check my HCG levels or not depends on the scan. Trying not to stress out lol

Brenna24 Fri 27-Oct-17 14:06:53

It is hard so early on. So much waiting. Fingers crossed November the 8th is a good day for you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now