Talk

Advanced search

Hyperemesis Support

(1000 Posts)
LucindaE Thu 19-Oct-17 20:01:29

I hope everyone suffering from the Horrors of Hyperemesis will find this thread useful as a source of support and information.
There's no TMI on here - can't be by definition - and nobody should feel ashamed of moaning as much as they feel the need to.
MOH's wonderful website is full of useful information on this illness:
sites.google.com/site/pregnancysicknesssos
Another invaluable website is:
www.pregnancysicknesssupport.org.uk
If you need help in obtaining medication, phone them on:
024 7638 2020
Lastly, the NICE guidelines on treatment are useful:
cks.nice.org.uk/nauseavomiting-in-pregnancy
I would like to thank everyone who has given such invaluable support and advice on this and on previous threads.
Remember when you are at your worst, 'This Too Shall Pass'. It really will.
So many women on this thread have thought they couldn't get through this, but they did.

LucindaE Thu 19-Oct-17 20:13:01

Everyone, please help yourself to cyber cushions, and I hope nobody needs a cyber bucket!

justtheonethen Thu 19-Oct-17 20:16:26

Thanks lucinda. Do we do stats? I'll do them anyway!

19+6 with DC1

Sally8655 Thu 19-Oct-17 20:21:14

👌🏻

LucindaE Thu 19-Oct-17 20:21:58

Mustang I remember a few of us calling you a Super Hero, but am I being obtuse about 'double agent'? A Pregnant Super Hero would be a fine departure - Marvel Mum or some such thing, but no job to undertake with Hyperemesis, and as for doubling up as a double agent, if you'll excuse the pun...
Here's the due dates, with Sally added.

Due Dates
Heartburn247 23 October
FluteyTootey 26 October
mrsgembles 27 October
BlueButTrue 17 November
putput 17 November
DeadDoorPost 19 November
pippasnippa 19 November
Oklahoma 21 November
NonStopDisco 23 November
OnNature'sCourse 23 November
Satsooma 4 December
Mustang 18 December
millsbynight 20 December
mumoftheark 28 December
can'tdothisagain late December
Thingymaboob 10 January
mrsb87 13 January
Flossyfloss 13 January
1984fs 27 January
Spearo21 24 January
Natsku 27 or 28 January
Ameliablue 22 February
justtheone 9 March
Shez21 22 March
AndInShortIWasAfraid 27 March
seizethecuttlefish 8 May
Sally Mid May
Bunnyfluffy 20 May
weasledee 5 June

Sally8655 Thu 19-Oct-17 20:22:17

That's an ok found the post hand, looking at it and for some reason it looks nothing like one 😂

Natsku Thu 19-Oct-17 20:26:29

Checking in. Just ate an entire mango after eating most of one earlier in the day as well - fresh mango definitely agrees with my belly right now!

DeadDoorpost Thu 19-Oct-17 20:39:50

Lucinda looks like you might soon be able to add mango to your list of foods etc that HG women can try.. seems to be a few of us now that have been able to cope with it. I'm wondering if it's because of how fleshy they are? Peaches, mangoes, pears etc...

Sally8655 Thu 19-Oct-17 20:47:56

I agree with mango, also kiwi, strawberries and honeydew melon. I love Asda's trio pack.

DeadDoorpost Thu 19-Oct-17 21:03:09

Kiwi helps with constipation apparently, strawberries made me sick and so did melon. No idea why. Did make me sad though coz I love them usually with chocolate

DeadDoorpost Fri 20-Oct-17 01:43:53

Don't seem to be able to sleep for the 3rd night in a row now hmm and I'm also really frustrated as I've been looking around and there's so many jobs that if have applied for had I not been pregnant 😭😭😭 it's not fair.

NonStopDisco Fri 20-Oct-17 02:04:43

I haven’t woken up with 2am heartburn this evening, as I haven’t been asleep. Silver linings...
Dead that sucks- are you torturing yourself though? Might be best to set all LinkedIn and job emails to auto forward to a different folder until you can take advantage

NerNerNerNerBATMAN Fri 20-Oct-17 07:09:44

Hi Lucinda can you add batbaby to the list? Due 21st May.

That ondansetron is life changing. I'm on day 4 today and last night was the first that I managed to stay up past 5pm. I felt almost normal. It's still bad in bits, but it's bits rather than relentless. Felt like I was giving birth to my poo though shock am on a very high dose of prunes twice a day

Shehz21 Fri 20-Oct-17 07:46:21

Place marking. Having a relapse since I hit 18 weeks sad

DeadDoorpost Fri 20-Oct-17 08:52:14

Disco I probably am torturing myself but DH is looking for a new job so I keep an eye out for him as well. Came across a good one for him but lo and behold there on the same page was one for me. Sigh.
Batman yup, ondansetron is a life changer in more ways than one 😂😂😂

Dreams are still odd. This time it was a rather nasty dream i wont tall about but it was unsettling to say the least.

seizethecuttlefish Fri 20-Oct-17 09:02:25

Morning all, happy new thread! 👋
Called the dr today and was told by the snotty receptionist that I wasn't an emergency, to call back on Monday. Still being sick on 2x4mg ondansetron, twice a day and 3 x 50mg cyclizine but no where near as bad as I was. I do still dry heave when I stand up. And highlight of yesterday (I'm not very quiet when I'm sick, I keep going till it's just bile coming up) husband had to excuse himself from a conference call as they could hear me being sick. Bet he's glad he works from home!
Dead your odd dreams are contagious. I dreamt I was at a boxing gym. I have never set foot in a boxing gym. Working out as I was going to be on stage with Adam Lambert and Queen. Now I am seeing them in December, if I have to carry myself in! But pretty sure my singing talents won't be required. Mind you, I was amazing at Under Pressure in my dream!

Pollifilla Fri 20-Oct-17 09:16:33

Weeeell, I am in hospital, with HG written on my chart, on IV fluids and anti-emetics. Guess I'm 'official' now!

Had an awful day yesterday that led me here. Kept nothing down - not even water.

Thankfully feeling at least human today :-)

How is everyone else?

Also, my due date is April 25th for the list.

LucindaE Fri 20-Oct-17 09:51:44

Pollyfilla Oh dear, poor you. I am so glad you have had fluids and feel a bit better now. Have they said what meds they will send you home on?
seize That receptionist should surely not diagnose you? Very annoying! Some receptionists at surgeries seem to get the idea that they are medics, too. It also may become an emergency over the weekend, though I hope not. Sorry to hear of that embarrassing phone call incident. Well, at least his work know you are not faking.
BATMAN Glad Ondansetron is helping.
DeadDoorPost That is so unfair about the jobs!
Someone mentioned their age statistics, which are interesting.
Due Dates
Heartburn247 23 October
FluteyTootey 26 October
mrsgembles 27 October
BlueButTrue 17 November
putput 17 November
DeadDoorPost 19 November
pippasnippa 19 November
Oklahoma 21 November
NonStopDisco 23 November
OnNature'sCourse 23 November
Satsooma 4 December
Mustang 18 December
millsbynight 20 December
mumoftheark 28 December
can'tdothisagain late December
Thingymaboob 10 January
mrsb87 13 January
Flossyfloss 13 January
1984fs 27 January
Spearo21 24 January
Natsku 27 or 28 January
Ameliablue 22 February
justtheone 9 March
Shez21 22 March
AndInShortIWasAfraid 27 March
Polyfilla 25 April
seizethecuttlefish 8 May
Sally Mid May
Bunnyfluffy 20 May
BATMAN 21 May
weasledee 5 June

Mustang27 Fri 20-Oct-17 09:53:31

Oh no polli It did sound very official to me but we all have that niggling doubt at the beginning of “am I sick enough” I think it’s linked to the mindset of “you are just pregnant, it’s not an illness” which really doesn’t help any of us. I think we have all tried to soldier through to realise how bloody daft that was. Glad you are getting some treatment and a little reprieve. Push to get the strongest anti sickness they will give as it really makes no sense so suffer needlessly.

Tell your receptionist from Mustang that ‘she can go fuck herself’ seriously not an emergency so when did she qualify as a dr. My dr receptionists are all quite shitty too must be in the job description. Seize that may be the best dream ever!!!

Sorry about the job and the dream dead that sucks.

Ah the dreaded 18 week relapse I think we have all had it. Really wish someone would take notice of these trends and start doing some decent research. Hope you feel better soon Shehz.

Batman the ondansetron constipation is the worst but so glad it’s helping you feel better.

Off to buy a mango or 10 I’m in the mood for fruit today. You have all convinced me it’s worthwhile.

Bunnyfluffy Fri 20-Oct-17 10:04:09

I’ve also kept Mango down.

Well I thought the doc said I was getting Ondanestron but DH collected my prescription yesterday and it’s Avomine - that’s a different drug right? Anyone tried it?

NerNerNerNerBATMAN Fri 20-Oct-17 11:34:17

OMG the ondansetron constipation...what can I take??? I'm locked in the toilet at work on my first day in for ages blush

Mustang27 Fri 20-Oct-17 11:41:01

Lactulose is a must however you are perfectly safe to take dulcolax but that may have the opposite result or just cause you cramps and still not get relief. You also can get glycerin suppositories they brought mild relief to me once. (Big pills for your bum) 😷

Otherwise how many prunes can you eat and how much water can you drink?

I found ondansetron stopped my digestive system pretty much completely and I was bringing up breakfast several hours after I’d eaten it.

Others might have tried and tested though.

Mustang27 Fri 20-Oct-17 11:41:45

Oh you can also take buscopan to help with muscle cramps.

DeadDoorpost Fri 20-Oct-17 11:48:27

Kiwi supposedly helps with constipation too (another thread spoke about it a while back) so that's something else to try?

And I think bunny someone on here takes the Avomine too, but couldn't say for certain who it was...

Pollifilla Fri 20-Oct-17 13:19:42

Sending me home on Ondansetron and Cylizine. All this talk of constipation does not please me though! Eek!

Mustang - yep, I think that it is. Everyone says 'aww, it will pass soon' and you think 'ok cool, I'll just press on then' and then you're admitted to hospital one thursday evening with the doctor saying 'you're ketones are off the scale and your body is in starvation mode'. Oops!

We had a shitty GP receptionist situation yesterday too - what is it with them?! I always want to give people the benefit of the doubt but they do seem to be a tricky breed!

This thread is not accepting new messages.