Talk

Advanced search

How I know if the baby heading down???

(11 Posts)
Pranpreeya157D Thu 19-Oct-17 16:40:42

Hi I'm 32 weeks pregnant and just had my routine checked up and I've been told that the baby head is not engage!!! So I was a little bit worried lol I came home looking every where on how to check or belly mapping but that's made me so confuse! Also my belly button started to pop out too could this indicate anything about baby position? I mean I do notice that my belly is getting lower though. Another confusion for me us the movements ,most of the time the Hard and Big movement are on the side along my belly botton and sometimes I do feel like something pushing underneath my ribs cage, those are accompanied with little kicks everywhere, some time I feel like hiccup at the bottom rear of my belly well the weird things was I can feel a wiggle inside my bits now !!!! Could all this indicated the baby position?
I'm sorry if I seem too much here,just so worried that's all xxxx
Thank you

Lozmatoz Thu 19-Oct-17 16:48:02

They said the head is not engaged, not that it’s not head down. It just means it’s very low in your pelvis yet. You’ve got weeks yet, don’t worry.

TheVanguardSix Thu 19-Oct-17 16:52:40

You'll feel a heaviness low down in your womb, where the pubic symphysis is, you'll feel kind a of a weight drop down in that area (not literally drop down but believe me, you'll know). It'll be like a little sack of sugar is resting there near your pubic bone. It's too early at 32 weeks. Give it another 4 weeks.

Pranpreeya157D Thu 19-Oct-17 16:54:32

@Lozmatoz
How stupid I am, worries far too much blush

Pranpreeya157D Thu 19-Oct-17 16:56:51

@TheVangaurdSix
Thank you, I will definitely keep an eye on

Lozmatoz Thu 19-Oct-17 17:13:46

Not stupid, just hard when you’re bombarded with information you’re not used to. X

Pranpreeya157D Thu 19-Oct-17 17:27:14

I know i am such a worrier, well this is my first lol

TerrifyingFeistyCupcake Thu 19-Oct-17 17:37:57

It's just a routine check of position. Few babies, even first ones, would be engaged at 32 weeks.

You don't really need to monitor it yourself. Midwife will check at appointments and if labour starts in between them, well, you can trust baby is engaged or soon will be.

Lozmatoz Thu 19-Oct-17 19:37:10

I’m on my 3rd, barely registered I’m having a baby! I’m 32 weeks too... I think! Don’t be afraid to ask midwives to explain what they’re talking about.

Lozmatoz Thu 19-Oct-17 19:43:02

https://www.babycentre.co.uk/32-weeks-pregnant

Expectingbsbunumber2 Thu 19-Oct-17 22:53:53

My baby had his head down at 28 weeks but not engaged! He's so active I feel him move all over, he seems to position himself on my left side lol

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now