Talk

Advanced search

Lower back pain and brown spotting - anyone else?

(4 Posts)
spicedpeach Thu 19-Oct-17 15:10:47

Hi, I'm feeling sick with worry. I've had two miscarriages before. With both I had bad lower back pain. I'm approx 5 weeks so far.

When I found out I was pregnant I had a tiny about of very light brown discharge for two days but nothing since. However my back is killing and my midwife appt isn't until the 31st. I know to call my GP or go to A&E if I start bleeding but I can't relax as I feel like it'll happen any day and I wont even make 6 weeks.

Did anyone else have back pain and brown discharge and it turn out to be completely normal?! Just looking for some reassurance really. sad

Thank you.

Sittingonthefence83 Thu 19-Oct-17 16:19:10

Yes I had this with my DD2 and all turned out to be fine. The spots you noticed at first could have been implantation bleeding, the fact you no longer have spotting is a good sign.

Try not to worry (easier said than done I know)!

EastDulwichWife Thu 19-Oct-17 16:22:16

I had brown spotting and everything was fine at an early scan a couple of weeks later.

spicedpeach Thu 19-Oct-17 18:05:53

Thanks so much, it's so hard not to worry but I'm clinging on to the fact that I'm NOT bleeding. Its such a worrying time when it should be so exciting! thanks for your replies.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now