Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Still no period...

(5 Posts)
albanie Thu 19-Oct-17 09:47:14

Just looking for a bit of reassurance really.

Came off cerazette (progesterone only pill) about two months ago once I’d finished the pack I had a small 3 day bleed which I would say was a withdrawal bleed then I had a ‘proper’ period about five days later which lasted five days etc.

We’ve been trying this month and I am now approx 5 days late the only symptom I have is bloating and pinches in my lower stomach which have felt very much like early pregnancy symptoms. But no sore breasts and not feeling sleepy really, I had these symptoms with my daughter from six weeks.

I have done 3 pregnancy tests one being yesterday morning and all have been negative. I think at this stage with my daughter my pregnancy test was positive and I didn’t even do it in the morning like your advised too.

My friend kindly mentioned ectopic pregnancy to me this morning hmm cheers, and now I’m worried that’s the reason I’m not getting a positive test...

I don’t know what to do...

Do I go and buy a decent pregnancy test this morning

confused

cherryontopp Thu 19-Oct-17 10:04:27

I would wait for your period a few more days.

When I came off the pill, my periods were all over. One month normal cycle next one 5-8 days late. Ended up buying clear blue tests for a tenner to only come on a few days later!

louiserachael Thu 19-Oct-17 10:53:16

@albanie wait wait wait - I’m 22 weeks now and when I was between 2-4 it didn’t show up on pregnancy tests! It wasn’t till i got back from holidays I found out I was actually pregnant the whole time! Every pregnancy is different give your body time and if no pregnancy this time still lots of time to try again! Xx x x x x

albanie Thu 19-Oct-17 10:55:35

Thanks so much @cherryontopp yea that’s what I’m thinking that my period will show up maybe at the weekend, just the not knowing that’s irritating!

albanie Thu 19-Oct-17 10:56:44

@louiserachael congratulations on your baby and thanks for your reply! I would love to be pregnant but for me it’s just the waiting I can’t stand which I’m sure you have had. I would be lucky to get pregnant this quickly anyway so I’ll sit tight for a few more days thanks for your reply x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now