Talk

Advanced search

Pregnancy pillows for petite ladies

(7 Posts)
Swan8 Thu 19-Oct-17 07:53:43

Hello,

I think it is time for me to invest in a maternity pillow - I'm only 20 weeks but finding this side sleeping business pretty uncomfortable and getting an awful back ache, and I'm anticipating that will just get worse as I get bigger and have a larger bump to contend with.

I know there are a few old threads about maternity pillows generally. However, what I was really hoping for were recommendations from some of the more petite ladies out there. I'm only 5ft2 (if that ... I like to think I am, anyway, on a good day) and am worried that some of the long, full body ones may not work - I do not have a long, normal sized body! It isn't clear from the images whether the longer ones can "bend" comfortably to a petite lady's shape or not. This also seems to be the sort of thing I will also have to buy online. So any recommendations gratefully received!

sthitch Thu 19-Oct-17 08:39:35

I'm the same height and I bought one at the baby event at Aldi- it was the perfect size and I can still use it now for feeding. I don't know when the next baby event is on but it might be worth looking in there?

Doublechocolatetiffin Thu 19-Oct-17 08:51:00

I'm also 5'2" and I had the dream genii pillow. It's not too big so worked well for me www.dreamgenii.com/pregnancy-pillow/

Swan8 Thu 19-Oct-17 15:28:59

Thanks ladies! I will look into those. Sadly the only baby show near me is either this weekend (which I can't do) or two days before my expected due date, which may be leaving things a bit late!

InThisTogether Thu 19-Oct-17 17:04:15

I'm 5'3" (and a quarter!) And I'd definitely highly recommend the dream genii.

PinkHippo1 Thu 19-Oct-17 17:41:22

I haven't invested in a pregnancy pillow, but instead have managed brilliantly with a normal pillow. I place the pillow to the side of me, just under my bump to support it, whilst lying on my side. I then put my upper leg onto the pillow, which then removes all pressure from the lower leg. I was really struggling with sore hips and this solved it instantly. It wasn't necessarily the price of pregnancy pillows that put me off, more the fact that I thought I'd get too hot and annoyed with one. Plus this pillow trick got my mum through her pregnancies so I thought it was worth a shot!

Swan8 Thu 19-Oct-17 17:54:16

Thanks @PinkHippo1 - I will give that a go tonight!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now