Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Pregnancy pillows for petite ladies

(7 Posts)
Swan8 Thu 19-Oct-17 07:53:43

Hello,

I think it is time for me to invest in a maternity pillow - I'm only 20 weeks but finding this side sleeping business pretty uncomfortable and getting an awful back ache, and I'm anticipating that will just get worse as I get bigger and have a larger bump to contend with.

I know there are a few old threads about maternity pillows generally. However, what I was really hoping for were recommendations from some of the more petite ladies out there. I'm only 5ft2 (if that ... I like to think I am, anyway, on a good day) and am worried that some of the long, full body ones may not work - I do not have a long, normal sized body! It isn't clear from the images whether the longer ones can "bend" comfortably to a petite lady's shape or not. This also seems to be the sort of thing I will also have to buy online. So any recommendations gratefully received!

sthitch Thu 19-Oct-17 08:39:35

I'm the same height and I bought one at the baby event at Aldi- it was the perfect size and I can still use it now for feeding. I don't know when the next baby event is on but it might be worth looking in there?

Doublechocolatetiffin Thu 19-Oct-17 08:51:00

I'm also 5'2" and I had the dream genii pillow. It's not too big so worked well for me www.dreamgenii.com/pregnancy-pillow/

Swan8 Thu 19-Oct-17 15:28:59

Thanks ladies! I will look into those. Sadly the only baby show near me is either this weekend (which I can't do) or two days before my expected due date, which may be leaving things a bit late!

InThisTogether Thu 19-Oct-17 17:04:15

I'm 5'3" (and a quarter!) And I'd definitely highly recommend the dream genii.

PinkHippo1 Thu 19-Oct-17 17:41:22

I haven't invested in a pregnancy pillow, but instead have managed brilliantly with a normal pillow. I place the pillow to the side of me, just under my bump to support it, whilst lying on my side. I then put my upper leg onto the pillow, which then removes all pressure from the lower leg. I was really struggling with sore hips and this solved it instantly. It wasn't necessarily the price of pregnancy pillows that put me off, more the fact that I thought I'd get too hot and annoyed with one. Plus this pillow trick got my mum through her pregnancies so I thought it was worth a shot!

Swan8 Thu 19-Oct-17 17:54:16

Thanks @PinkHippo1 - I will give that a go tonight!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: