Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Should i stop clexane at week 13?

(2 Posts)
Sparklingeyezzz Thu 19-Oct-17 06:57:56

Hi All,
Currently i am 13 weeks and 5 days pregnant after 3 early miscarriages all around 8 weeks and no heartbeat was detected. After several tests it was revealed that i have PSD protein S deficiency. 53% (range 60-110). I was told by my doctor to start baby aspirin right away and then she will put me on clexane from the first day pregnancy is confimed. I reported well on time and my injections started from the week 4 of pregnancy 20mg 1x daily.
Now my doctor wants me to stop clexane and baby aspirin as she thinks pregnancy is well established at week 12 and placenta takes over. But my question is that what if the placenta gets clots? Since i am a case of protein s deficiency, wont the risk of clotting stay on? I have never had any clotting issues in the past except for 3 miscarriages.
Can someone share their stories where they stopped at week 12 or 13 and still maintained a successful pregnancy??

pickledsausage Thu 19-Oct-17 07:18:48

Hi sparkling, I can't help with the clexane but I was under a miscarriage clinic and they advise you to start on aspirin from when you get a bfp and I'm still on it now at 30 weeks. I think until 36 weeks. I have natural killer cells so not a clotting issue.

Best thing to do is talk through your concerns with the doc. Wishing you all the very best for this pregnancy ❤️

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now