Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Norovirus

(5 Posts)
katmarie Thu 19-Oct-17 04:15:45

Well I feel like crap! I’m 27+1 and have just come down with what I suspect is Norovirus. It’s been going through the family like wildfire apparently. Apologies if this is tmi, but it’s literally coming out of both ends, and the only thing I seem to be able to keep down is water. I attempted a cup of tea an hour ago and saw it again two minutes after finishing it, blergh. I feel like I’ve been hit by a bus, and I’m shattered but can’t sleep sad

Baby seems to be ok, is wriggling around as normal, which feels odd given the nausea, and I’ll give the midwife a call tomorrow just to see if there’s anything I should be aware of or doing, other than fluids and rest. But does anyone have any survival tips?

uncoolnn Thu 19-Oct-17 05:05:36

I suspect this is what I have had too. Literally coming from both ends for roughly 24 hours but 3 days later I still feel dreadful. I have no appetite, haven’t eaten in 3 days and am truly exhausted. All I can advise is rest and get as much water down you as you can, possibly some dioraltye if you can stomach it. Hope you feel better soon, it really is awful.

2ndTimeMother Thu 19-Oct-17 05:22:15

Get as much rest as you can & keep sipping on water. When I was ill my doctor told me to have half a tin of soup every 3-4 hours, it worked for me about 24hrs in. Hope you feel better soon!

Callamia Thu 19-Oct-17 05:40:05

Bananas.
I had good poisoning when I was pregnant, and after a couple of days all I could Keep down was banana.

Don't try and launch back into all normal food too quickly, even though you feel better - your body is still recovering.

Keep hydrated. A cup of warm water (boiled topped up with cold) with a spoonful of sugar shouldn't irritate your stomach on the same way that cold water might.

katmarie Thu 19-Oct-17 06:20:48

Thanks all, hopefully it will pass soon! Still struggling to sleep, thankfully I can take a day off today, so will hopefully catch up on sleep later.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: