Talk

Advanced search

Anyone else’s self esteem none existent and become a crazy self conscious mess?

(5 Posts)
Moaningmyrtle92 Thu 19-Oct-17 00:12:15

I am 36 weeks pregnant and I’m such a paranoid, jealous mess.. I panic that my OH doesn’t fancy me anymore or that he’s going to leave me for someone else. I’m so tired I don’t make much effort anymore and have stopped myself spending loads on maternity clothes because I don’t want to waste money. My hairs a mess my eyebrows are overgrown and I honestly can’t even remember the last time I shaved anywhere! 👌 basically.. I’m a mess and I feel like one.

meltingmarshmallows Thu 19-Oct-17 01:12:15

35w and YES! Mum took a hideously unflattering photo of me a few days ago where I had 20 chins and it’s pushed me over the edge. Have one hairy leg as it was such a ball ache to reach I just gave up.

ScarlettInSpace Thu 19-Oct-17 07:20:41

Ah I’m sure you don’t look as bad as you think you do - just remember they never bloody notice when you do make an effort lol so I figure they don’t notice when you don’t/cba either wink

I’m 26 weeks, last week I had a meltdown and basically accused my OH of having an affair - I made him show me a text conversation I knew he was having with a girl who used to work on his team... it was the the most boring conversation about a heath & safety issue she’d had that never got resolved, I was so embarrassed blush

DenPerry Thu 19-Oct-17 09:42:29

I felt beautiful because DP made me feel like it. I was about 19 stone. Your partner/husband shouldn't care about any of that right now, you are about to pop out a human!

louiserachael Thu 19-Oct-17 11:59:57

@Moaningmyrtle92 yes yes I feel your pain my darling! I’m 22 weeks cba to wear makeup I wear the same clothes everyday because they are the only thing I feel comfortable in - I don’t want to have sex - my partner dosent either because we both find it weird whilst baby is kicking around in my belly !! Everything your feeling is normal and we all go through it I got so low I booked myself in for a spray tan and bouncy blow dry (I don’t care if this sounds superficial it bloody worked) I walked out of there feeling like a sexy mama!!! I’m now back to looking like the grudge but those few days really helped me feel like myself again. Book yourself a little treat see if it lifts your spirits! X x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now