Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Anyone else’s self esteem none existent and become a crazy self conscious mess?

(5 Posts)
Moaningmyrtle92 Thu 19-Oct-17 00:12:15

I am 36 weeks pregnant and I’m such a paranoid, jealous mess.. I panic that my OH doesn’t fancy me anymore or that he’s going to leave me for someone else. I’m so tired I don’t make much effort anymore and have stopped myself spending loads on maternity clothes because I don’t want to waste money. My hairs a mess my eyebrows are overgrown and I honestly can’t even remember the last time I shaved anywhere! 👌 basically.. I’m a mess and I feel like one.

meltingmarshmallows Thu 19-Oct-17 01:12:15

35w and YES! Mum took a hideously unflattering photo of me a few days ago where I had 20 chins and it’s pushed me over the edge. Have one hairy leg as it was such a ball ache to reach I just gave up.

ScarlettInSpace Thu 19-Oct-17 07:20:41

Ah I’m sure you don’t look as bad as you think you do - just remember they never bloody notice when you do make an effort lol so I figure they don’t notice when you don’t/cba either wink

I’m 26 weeks, last week I had a meltdown and basically accused my OH of having an affair - I made him show me a text conversation I knew he was having with a girl who used to work on his team... it was the the most boring conversation about a heath & safety issue she’d had that never got resolved, I was so embarrassed blush

DenPerry Thu 19-Oct-17 09:42:29

I felt beautiful because DP made me feel like it. I was about 19 stone. Your partner/husband shouldn't care about any of that right now, you are about to pop out a human!

louiserachael Thu 19-Oct-17 11:59:57

@Moaningmyrtle92 yes yes I feel your pain my darling! I’m 22 weeks cba to wear makeup I wear the same clothes everyday because they are the only thing I feel comfortable in - I don’t want to have sex - my partner dosent either because we both find it weird whilst baby is kicking around in my belly !! Everything your feeling is normal and we all go through it I got so low I booked myself in for a spray tan and bouncy blow dry (I don’t care if this sounds superficial it bloody worked) I walked out of there feeling like a sexy mama!!! I’m now back to looking like the grudge but those few days really helped me feel like myself again. Book yourself a little treat see if it lifts your spirits! X x

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: