Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

20 week scan today... Didn't cave and find out the sex but kinda wish I had. Does the skull shape theory work at this date

(7 Posts)
CinnamonAndSpice Wed 18-Oct-17 22:42:17

Dp reckoned he saw what it was but I th ink hes winding me up.. Can you tell by skull shape at this gestation?

Oysterbabe Thu 19-Oct-17 07:14:48

Unfortunately not, it doesn't really work until they are teenagers!

user1499786242 Thu 19-Oct-17 08:38:11

Much harder to tell at the 20 week scan
Did your 12week scan have a nub visible?

bettydraper31 Thu 19-Oct-17 10:24:44

Could you pay for a private scan & find out that way? X

TisMeTheLadFromTheBar Thu 19-Oct-17 10:49:10

No you can only tell by looking at the genital area. We had a very experienced sonographer doing our last scan and she couldn't tell until dd shoved against the screen. She had been turned away at the start of the scan.

CinnamonAndSpice Thu 19-Oct-17 17:41:02

We don't want to find out. We're just guessing. Dp was joking about what he saw as he didn't look. It was purely just for fun.. We have a 4d one booked but will tell them we don't want to know ( unless by then we change minds lol)

bettydraper31 Sun 22-Oct-17 21:35:35

Your original msg said "kind of wish I had" therefore made us think you wish you'd known... therefore suggested private scan. Am a little confused at what you want?! Good luck with everything x

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: