Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

is this prelabour?

(18 Posts)
chocoraisin Wed 18-Oct-17 20:10:29

Hello,

I'm just after a bit of symptom spotting company. I'm 37+2. First baby came at 38 weeks, second at 39+1.

So I'm wondering if I'm gearing up for labour... it's been 5 and a half years since last time so I'm a bit foggy on the details of last time! But in the past couple of days I've had diarrhoea (sorry if TMI!), a couple of times a day I get, long-lasting, extremely tight feelings around bump, backache, increased PGP pain, fanny daggers (!!) started 24 hours ago... nipples seem to be on fire for no apparent reason and I'm feeling sick as a dog. No bloody show yet, no waters broken.

Please tell me all this means it's imminent rather than par for the course for the next few weeks?

If you're on the home stretch too, fancy keeping me company while I ponder and guess?

brew

bettydraper31 Wed 18-Oct-17 20:11:37

I would say so yes!! Exciting!! X

chocoraisin Wed 18-Oct-17 20:15:10

I'll post again if anything more interesting happens!! smile

Lemonicelolly1 Wed 18-Oct-17 21:14:58

I hope things happen quickly for you. I'm 37 + 2 too, first baby here. I've had diarroeah for 2 days too and generally feeling a bit unwell but other than the odd twinge no other signs things might be imminent 😢 I promised myself I wouldn't over think things and would enjoy the last few weeks of my pregnancy but that feeling is quickly fading! Good luck and keep us posted smile

2ndTimeMother Wed 18-Oct-17 21:49:26

It's my due date tomorrow & I've had to symptoms sad I'm so jealous!!

I was convinced I would go early!!!

MagicFajita Thu 19-Oct-17 06:45:38

It sounds like your baby's head is getting into position op. Causes all sorts of weird pressure on the legs and back.

I hope things happen for you soonsmile

I'm 41 weeks today and am very grumpy!

chocoraisin Thu 19-Oct-17 11:27:36

still nothing happening. I think I'm just eager lol. It's almost as bad as the TTC symptom spotting!!

espoleta Thu 19-Oct-17 12:12:32

I’ve had most of those symptoms on and off for a week and still nothing.
Yesterday really strong period pains in the morning and then big fat nothing again!!
38+3 and ready for her to come out.

Lemonicelolly1 Thu 19-Oct-17 15:52:19

I was up all night with pain & feeling awful, today I'm just tired! Think because everyone keeps saying they think I'll go early I'll be 2 weeks over due! Lol

tootsieglitterballs Thu 19-Oct-17 18:37:58

I’m 35 weeks, and lost my plug & had a bloody show on Sunday... back ache swiftly followed, 48 hours later I was getting waves of pain in my back going around my tummy then tummy tightening.

Got checked out and I’m all closed up , it didn’t do anything .

Still getting the waves of pain, lots of BH, lots of pressure, walking like Leanne battersby in that episode of Corrie , and to be honest, I feel like I could be in early labour.

However, I’ve been warned this could last a week or so, and then it could all stop 😔. I think it’s going to be a long few weeks my end!

Last baby was overdue and I was induced which ended in c section, so I’ve zero real experience of going into natural labour.

MrsCharlieD Fri 20-Oct-17 06:07:58

40+4 here and over it. I had a sweep on Tuesday but my score was 3, cervix 2cm dilated but still posterior. Yesterday I had a show and lots of plug loss. Had period pains and irregular tightenings but nothing has come of them. I'm hoping things ramp up today.

ethelfleda Fri 20-Oct-17 09:14:46

Can I join? 36+5 here (first child) and I had been getting sharp pains in the vagina and weird pressure and my bump had dropped. It's now back up under my chin and reflux is worse than ever 😆

EmieL Fri 20-Oct-17 09:48:21

Hi, I've had similar symptoms (39 weeks today and scheduled for induction tomorrow!) I've been having the symptoms for over a week and still no signs of this baby making a natural appearance! I really hope that things move along for you, good luck x

chocoraisin Fri 20-Oct-17 23:05:30

thanks for the company guys! Still nowt happening for real. But I'm getting crampy tightenings now, on a fairly regular basis. I also had a bizarre episode this afternoon where I emptied out (ahem) very completely. I am on codeine which usually causes constipation so to say it was a surprise is an understatement. Felt like I'd had an enema! Apparently this is possibly pre-labour and fairly common? Anyone else doing lots of poop?? Sorry for TMI!

I have a rotten headache too, and I feel miserable tbh. I just want to kick things off and get on with it now. DP lives 80 miles away (long story, previous kids from earlier relationships on both sides, not possible to combine houses full time yet, unplanned baby). So I asked him to come down tonight and stay as I'm so niggly. Whether baby comes or not I am over being by myself.

Amd724 Fri 20-Oct-17 23:32:50

I was doing loads of poops (TMI!!!) the last few days. Now I just feel like shit. I’m exhausted, having random tightening of my bump. More pelvic pain (but I’ve had that for two weeks now). It’s my first, I’m 37+6 and I’m already over being pregnant. They may induce me next Thursday for slow growth, and I’m actually hoping they do! I’m just ready to get this started. I’d be 38+4 if they do it next week, feel like thats close enough to my due date!

Lemonicelolly1 Sun 22-Oct-17 16:07:45

Anyone any closer to actual Labour today? Other than some slight cramps nothing exciting happening for me yet! x

tootsieglitterballs Sun 22-Oct-17 19:06:58

Nope 👎🏻

chocoraisin Mon 23-Oct-17 08:41:03

nope!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now