Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

first trimester blues

(15 Posts)
manchesteruntied Wed 18-Oct-17 11:12:53

Pls can someone tell me it gets better?
Nausea all day, every day (and all night...), zero sleep thanks to achey everything and no energy at all. I also hate my DH a bit (for no real reason...) sorry for the epic moan but I am feeling pretty blue. Please don't respond unless your replies are nice/neutral etc, I really can't handle brutal honesty or criticism just now. (Unexpectedly pg and aside from DH I am alone, 100's of miles away from my friends, and no close family).

SweetheartTreacleTart Wed 18-Oct-17 11:24:05

I will be honest with you and let you know that it does indeed get better. I'm heading in to my second trimester and all the nausea has eased off, not gone entirely but it's really not as bad. I also remember between week 7-10 I was sooooo tired and would sleep from about 8pm. If things feel really bad, don't feel bad about going to your GP. cake

manchesteruntied Wed 18-Oct-17 12:20:15

Thank you for being reassuring <3 it's week 8 for me...hoping that by mid-November things might settle down. The GP prescribed me sertraline but I am not sure how I feel about taking something while pg. Hope all continues to go well for your 2nd trim and congratulations xxx

ClaireBear1986 Wed 18-Oct-17 16:58:25

I found that at around 12 weeks, things started to improve greatly.
I have the bladder of a 90 year old now, and I am peeing about 5/6 times an hour, but apart from that symptoms have calmed down.

I don't feel as tired or as emotional. I don't feel sick. I don't have cramps. And my boobs are not as sore as they were.

Everyone is different, but from everyone I have spoken to, they have all agreed that the 2nd trimester is the best part.

Good luck with your pregnancy and fingers crossed things start to improve soon for you smile

manchesteruntied Thu 19-Oct-17 06:28:26

Thank you smile feel a bit better thanks to your messages, looking forward to the 2nd trimester a bit now (not the old lady bladder lol) currently I have been relegated to the sofa due to sleeplessness and being too warm for the duvet (hormones are to blame surely??)

Good luck with your little one too smile

peachgreen Thu 19-Oct-17 07:31:20

It gets so much better. I was miserable, constantly nauseated and puking on the regular up until around 14 weeks. Swore I’d never get pregnant again because it was so unbearable. Am now 26 weeks and loving every minute - genuinely enjoying being pregnant. Plus my skin and hair are amazing! It really does get better. Hang on in there!

louiserachael Thu 19-Oct-17 11:49:25

@manchesteruntied oh my yes everything you are feeling is normal and totally justified and yes second trimester is much easier that the first- I’m 22 weeks now sickness has calmed down I don’t sleep all day anymore and my nails are super long and strong so benefits all round!!! Also still tend to hate my other half at random times regardless of what trimester I’m in he’s actually done nothing but I still moan at him for being alive !!! Honey melon helped me through sickness and Diet Coke from McDonald’s something about the syrup they put in it (not from bottle or can) also when you have your first scan and get to see your little babies heart beat it will make it all worth it!! Trust you are not alone my lovely x x x x

WhatWouldGenghisDo Thu 19-Oct-17 12:10:00

I felt better in myself when I had norovirus than in the first trimester of pregnancy envy. 8-10 weeks was particularly awful as I recall.

2nd trimester was lovely partly because not wanting to die the whole time was such a novelty

I know this is a really glib and annoying thing to say, but there's evidence that being hideously nauseous in 1st trimester is a really good sign for the health of the baby. Hang on in there.

manchesteruntied Fri 20-Oct-17 10:45:57

it's nice to know that there might be an end in sight for the general crappy feelings, and it helps thinking that feeling this bad = healthy small person smile

Thank you all for being so sweet! Always worried I'll get a message along the lines of "pull yourself together"...which would have the opposite effect right now!

Good luck for the rest of your pregnancies everyone <3 xxx

Mrshand123 Sat 21-Oct-17 23:42:42

I know how you feel, I'm only four weeks, can't eat without feeling sick, sore boobs, cramps, extremely tired and the gas blush x

manchesteruntied Mon 23-Oct-17 14:55:27

Congrats Mrshand smile just keep imagining the 12 week scan...that's what's getting me through. We're still keeping it quiet til then, so I spent the whole weekend with extended family trying not to throw up while roasting chicken, pretending I wasn't in pain, and blaming tiredness on an imaginary cold that I don't have!

For the sore boobs, I got a lovely non-underwire bra from primark (£5) which I wear at night, seems to help the horridy ache and helps me get a little sleep. I would recommend smile

filou87 Mon 23-Oct-17 15:09:07

Congratulations on your pregnancy!

The 2nd trimester should be easier but then the 3rd is hard again, in my experience.

What have you tried so far to combat/ manage the nausea?

manchesteruntied Tue 24-Oct-17 15:09:48

Horrible horrible horrible first midwife appointment.

I felt really judged. I have had depression and anxiety for 15+ years I felt the m/w was just really horrible about it, misread my notes and generally made me feel like absolute shite.

sad

ethelfleda Tue 24-Oct-17 15:21:37

I'm so sorry to hear your mw appointment didn't go well.
I promise it gets better - I was the same in first trimester and then the second was an absolute breeze - I felt on top of the world!
Be kind to yourself flowers

manchesteruntied Tue 24-Oct-17 15:30:07

thanks xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now