Talk

Advanced search

Anxiety

(9 Posts)
Mrstobe90 Wed 18-Oct-17 00:19:09

I have suffered with anxiety for 14 years but have had it under control and have barely suffered for nearly a year now and its suddenly hit me like a brick wall but it’s all related to pregnancy!

I’m suddenly convinced that I’m going to die in childbirth or something will go really wrong with the baby.
I don’t know whether these are normal things to worry about or am I just being mental??

Does anyone else feel like this? I’m completely panicking.

meltingmarshmallows Wed 18-Oct-17 00:25:43

Yes you’re not alone. Had anxiety my whole life, treatment started in 2009 and had it under wraps from about 2015. Hardly had any real anxiety for two years but pregnancy has bought it back at times.

Had bad anxiety all weekend weirdly, I’m noticing now I’m in 3rd trimester it’s worse.

I find reminding myself there’s so much going on, hormones & exhaustion etc helps. Also trying to do things like breathing & CBT which used to work previously.

But after such a long time of not needing this stuff it’s almost sneaking up on me. Hope you’re ok X

Mrstobe90 Wed 18-Oct-17 00:33:01

I’m sorry you’re struggling as well. It’s really crap isn’t it!

I should probably remind myself that I’m hormonal. I like to think that I’ve been quite stable with my emotions throughout the pregnancy but I’m 22+4 and the past week, I’ve started to notice a steady decline in my mental well-being.

It may be time to see my doctor.

How far along are you?

meltingmarshmallows Wed 18-Oct-17 00:40:57

@Mrstobe90 35 weeks but I definitely have noticed some weeks throughout where things felt bad. Then a good week would follow without warning.

One thing I noticed in the second trimester is as I was getting out of breath & heart beating faster naturally, I was closer to panic almost. Not sure if you’ve started getting those symptoms yet, but they had an effect for me.

I would definitely speak to your midwife or GP, it’s what they’re there for! X

Mrstobe90 Wed 18-Oct-17 00:48:23

At least you’ve had some good weeks smile I’ve been mostly fine but this past week has been awful!

I haven’t had those quite yet but I am starting to notice breathlessness. DH has to tie my shoes has I can barely breathe if I lean over to do them lol

I’ll give someone a call tomorrow I think. I’m sick of feeling like this but I don’t know what to do to feel better.
I hope it gets easier for you xx

meltingmarshmallows Wed 18-Oct-17 00:54:30

@Mrstobe90 good plan, I hope they can offer some good advice / options & you get seen quickly X

Relaxing2 Sun 12-Nov-17 11:11:53

Mrstobe90 have you managed to find any help Hun I'm struggling with the same thing what advise have you been given

clarebear1983 Sun 12-Nov-17 21:44:03

You are definitely not alone. My best advice would be to take up all and everything offered in terms of support as it's much better to try to learn to manage it than just survive it until you have given birth.

It doesn't go away when the pregnancies over, at least not for me. Now all my fears are focused on my child but in finding ways to deal with it that work for me it's manageable for the most part.

Relaxing2 Mon 13-Nov-17 14:47:18

How do you manage in your pregnancy

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now