Talk

Advanced search

Am I going to have my baby soon?

(8 Posts)
firsttimemum97 Tue 17-Oct-17 22:28:52

I felt a pop today but had no leaks. I've had mild period like cramps too as well as both lower and upper back pain with cramp in my right thigh. I'm 34+4 🙂

Expectingbsbunumber2 Tue 17-Oct-17 22:44:36

Did you call your midwife?

Heartofglass12345 Tue 17-Oct-17 22:49:37

I have no idea, maybe call your midwife. If you are, be prepared for your baby to have a stay in the special care unit, hopefully a short one. I wouldnt wish it on anyone, hopefully your baby will stay in another couple of weeks. Good luck 😊

firsttimemum97 Tue 17-Oct-17 22:52:10

My midwife is on holiday this week so I haven't called. I figured I'd wait but I'm just crampy and keep feeling baby kick me in the vagina 😕 I'm hoping he's staying in there but I've had a few comments from people saying they give me two weeks

Expectingbsbunumber2 Tue 17-Oct-17 22:54:12

Can't you give your maternity unit a call? I would maybe just see what They say x

Mulch Tue 17-Oct-17 23:04:44

Give maternity ward a call, I had period like pains then went into labour

Oysterbabe Wed 18-Oct-17 07:07:45

Is your baby breech?

AutumnLeavesandCandleLights Wed 18-Oct-17 08:03:44

With my first, I had period type cramping on and off throughout almost the entire pregnancy so not sure that's too much to go by.
The first I knew that labour was starting was my waters breaking.

Give your maternity ward a call, if they think it's anything to be concerned about, they'll bring you in and monitor you for an hour or so. But the likelihood is they'll just tell you to go in once/if contractions become strong.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now