Talk

Advanced search

Scan tomorrow, so anxious

(19 Posts)
SaltK Tue 17-Oct-17 18:18:48

Hi all. I've posted a couple of times in other threads, but felt the need for a good old self-indulgent thread to just offload.

I've got an 8 week scan tomorrow. Had a 7 week one last week, heartbeat seen and all measuring fine. But has some brown spotting and cramps over the weekend. This is my 6th pregnancy, 5 miscarriages. I'm so anxious, all other babies were gone by 8 weeks, we've only had an 8 week heartbeat once before, but the 12 weeks scan showed no growth after 8 weeks.

I really think this is the last time I can go through this, so it could all be over tomorrow after 3 years of trying to have a baby. Feeling very exhausted and overhwelmed and frightened and sad. Any words of support or wisdom would be grateful received tonight.

LittleBooInABox Tue 17-Oct-17 18:24:35

No advice. Didn't want to read and run. I hope beyond hope that all is well tomorrow and you'll have a precious baby soon enough.

Try and relax. Have a nice bath with some candles or your favourite sweet treat.

Thinking of you tomorrow OP flowers

GrapesAreMyJam Tue 17-Oct-17 18:34:00

Hope all goes well tomorrow OP. Thinking of you flowers

Usedtobeanxious Tue 17-Oct-17 18:35:41

Having had 3 miscarriages, one very late, I understand how you feel.
Good news is that I am currently watching my now 7 year old son race about the house. I spotted on & off throughout my pregnancy with him, but he stuck fast! So blood does not necessarily denote the end.
Like you, I felt that was the last loss I could cope with.
The waiting & not knowing sends you crazy but hold on & keep hoping.
I will keep you in my thoughts & hope & pray that it's good news tomorrow flowers

Whatamuddleduck Tue 17-Oct-17 18:36:33

Oh OP I have my fingers crossed for you. I have my 12 wk scan tomorrow after 3.5 years of trying, mcs and IVF. I totally get it. All you can do is hope and I really hope this is it for both of us. Worrying won't change the outcome but don't expect yourself to be able to stop. You will know tomorrow and I really hope that you will be into the next worry (we both know that the worry recedes only momentarily even when it's good news!). Are you in the pg after mc thread? I find really good support there when needed.

SaltK Tue 17-Oct-17 18:48:03

Thank you so much, ladies, for your kind words. It really helps knowing people send well wishes.

I'm sorry for others' losses and awful experiences. It's just such a long, difficult road, so glad you got a happy ending usedtobeanxious. Thanks for the advice regarding the bleeding, I'm trying to stay calm about it all!

I'll be thinking of you tomorrow, whatamuddleduck, it is so nerve-racking for you after everything. You're right about the endless worry! Which thread are you on? I've dipped into a few, but sometimes they move so quickly I can't always keep up.

peachypips Tue 17-Oct-17 19:01:53

I'm really praying you will be ok tomorrow. Do let us know. Xx

nuttyslackster Tue 17-Oct-17 19:13:53

Best of luck - really hope this is your time flowers

Clickncollect Tue 17-Oct-17 19:20:06

I know that feeling well - will be thinking of you tomorrow x

SomehowSomewhere1 Tue 17-Oct-17 19:22:34

Not sure what say, but didn't want to read and run. I was shaking like a leaf and crying for my 8wks scan, but 22wks now. Do tell them how you feel, seems to help, they guide you through, thinking of you xx

NeverEnoughSleep1 Tue 17-Oct-17 19:31:54

Hoping all goes well for you tomorrow OP flowers

MrsPringles Tue 17-Oct-17 19:40:15

Everything crossed for you OP, really hope it goes well x

starsshinebright Tue 17-Oct-17 22:08:05

I'm currently 16 weeks after 7 losses. Keep positive flowers

SaltK Tue 17-Oct-17 22:11:10

Thanks all so grateful for the virtual support. I'll update in the morning x

SaltK Wed 18-Oct-17 09:24:16

Hi all. The scan went well today, strong heartbeat, measuring a perfect 8 weeks, saw little arm and leg buds, and even saw the baby move. It was beautiful to see, but heartbreaking as well because you love them so much and there are no guarantees. Not sure how I'll make through the week to the next scan. I feel guilty because I feel more fear than happiness, it's an awful balance thinking "don't get too attached" when, really, that ship has sailed!

Thank you for all your messages yesterday. Whatamuddleduck I really hope your 12 week scan went well today xx

Pythonesque Wed 18-Oct-17 09:43:42

Thinking of you. I was I think my mother's 7th pregnancy, and she told me once it would have been her last had I not survived. Went on to have my younger sister as well (not sure if she lost another between us possibly). She didn't have an easy run - "threatened miscarriage" all the way and was induced at 35/40 but all was basically well. Fingers crossed.

Arlington77 Wed 18-Oct-17 09:50:20

ah @SaltK congratulations I'm so delighted for you - had tears in my eyes when I read about your fabulous strong 8 week baby! I'm earlier than you (6 weeks) but am already terrified about the scan in 2 weeks... huge congrats. Do try to enjoy this moment, before the next worry kicks in!
also, @whatamuddleduck hope your 12-week scan goes smoothly and happily today! xx

Usedtobeanxious Wed 18-Oct-17 11:23:35

Wonderful news!!!

SaltK Wed 18-Oct-17 18:53:39

Thanks ladies, I'm really happy and just hope it continues. Will probably keep updating, just for my own sake! And also because I always like to know the outcome when I follow threads.

Arlington fingers crossed for you, and hope you find a way to pass the time more easily. And if you do, let me know!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now