Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

3 faint positive pregnancy tests and late period - does this mean I'm pregnant.

(7 Posts)
1234meg Tue 17-Oct-17 18:14:13

I had a early miscarriage late august and my period after that lasted from 11th sept - 22nd sept so I wasn't quite sure when my next period after that one would be due however I havent come on since then and have been feeling slightly tired, gassy and have been having some mood swings (not sure if these are actually symptoms) so any way I've taken 3 pregnancy test over the past 24 hours and all 3 have come up with a really faint line so I assume this is a positive but I'm not sure why it would be so faint? I also don't feel overly pregnant apart from them slight "symptoms" I put above.

CrmbleBee Tue 17-Oct-17 18:25:26

Faint lines mean you're still very early on in the pregnancy. Test in 3 days time and the hcg levels should have doubled, making the lines much easier to see. Congratulations smile

1234meg Tue 17-Oct-17 19:06:38

Oh right okay, so this doesn't mean that I'm more likely to miscarry at all?

CrmbleBee Tue 17-Oct-17 19:18:22

Check again in a few days. If you get a stronger positive, that's good and means it is just an early pregnancy. If you no longer get a positive, it may mean you had a very early miscarriage. You can go to the doctors for a blood test confirmation if you want to be sure.

www.healthline.com/health/pregnancy/faint-positive-home-pregnancy-test

1234meg Tue 17-Oct-17 20:33:35

I think if I was to miscarry between now and retaking the test I would know as would most likely have some bleeding. But I will defo talk to my doctor and maybe retake in a couple of days. Thanks for your help x

MouseLove Tue 17-Oct-17 22:29:39

From your dates you are around only 5 weeks which is why the test will be very faint. Especially since you most likely ovulated a little later than normal. I’m sorry for your loss. Fingers crossed this is a sticky one and you have a very boring pregnancy. Congratulations. X

1234meg Tue 17-Oct-17 22:42:54

Yeah I'm hoping all is well with this one!! Thank you! X

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now