Talk

Advanced search

Hearing heartbeat in my ear

(12 Posts)
SomehowSomewhere1 Tue 17-Oct-17 15:29:16

Hi,
21wks + 6 and on and off for the last two days I've been hearing my heartbeat in my ear, was exceptionally loud last night. Midwife not worried when I called, but I still am. Seems to coincide with exhertion.

Feel very tired and slightly nauseous today but then I am pregnant.

Random pregnancy symptom or worth checking?

Thank you.

MyOtherNameIsAFordFiesta Tue 17-Oct-17 15:38:50

I had that! Thought it was weird, but never got it checked out. Vaguely decided it was something to do with blood pressure.

If your midwife isn't concerned then I wouldn't worry too much, other than taking it as a sign that you need a bit of a rest.

Orangebird69 Tue 17-Oct-17 15:41:05

Blood pressure I think. Might be worth a trip to the Dr's just to check.

Iwantaunicorn Tue 17-Oct-17 15:43:01

I have this too! 20+3, haven't had it checked out yet though.

foxessocks Tue 17-Oct-17 15:45:00

I had this too..no harm getting it checked though. It used to keep me awake at night too!

missyB1 Tue 17-Oct-17 15:46:25

Just wanted to say this can sometimes be a symptom of anaemia, I had it after losing a lot of blood in an operation. So worth getting a blood test.

Timepasses Tue 17-Oct-17 17:59:51

I had this. Dr told me it was to do with blood pressure but nothing to worry about. Mention it at your next appointment.

eurochick Tue 17-Oct-17 18:08:39

I had this too. Never found out the cause.

SomehowSomewhere1 Tue 17-Oct-17 19:18:06

Thank you everyone! I nipped into town, as docs were booked up, and a pharmacist at the chemist took my blood pressure. It was fine, heart beat slightly up but then I was anxious. Going back on fri for her to check again and for my flu jab. Bizarre, it was really loud last night - a pregnancy is a mystery 🙄

Will have a look at my eyes later for any anemia signs, am feeling really wiped out so quite possible.

danipea Tue 17-Oct-17 19:20:47

I have that but it can be because the artery carrying blood has just moved a bit closer to your ear drum. Press your hand on the side of your neck where the blood is louder and see if it eases it xxxx

QueenNefertitty Tue 17-Oct-17 19:22:46

When you're pregnant, your blood volume increases by an extraordinary amount. The heart pumps harder as a result, and your heartbeat can feel stronger. It's very normal, but if you're worried see your gp or midwife.

Leeela Tue 17-Oct-17 20:16:49

I get this too, it can be so annoying. I literally feel like my heartbeat is so noisy it keeps me up! For me it's also related to exhaustion.

I've mentioned it to the midwives twice but they never said it was an issue or anything to worry about.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now