Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Period is 9 days late and it's still negative?

(16 Posts)
Alanares89 Tue 17-Oct-17 10:53:46

Hiiiii

Really hoping for some good advice mums, Im in the situation were my period is 9 days late, im bloated, spotty , mood swings are every few hours and has now been sick and sent home from work but had a negative test?

Just back from the doctors, she did a test and came back negative and told me to wait another 8 days then do a test but I'm going out my mind and a I feel that 8 days is so long away lol?

Please any help would be great, I dont have anyone I could speak to except my partner on this, my friends haven't had children yet so they will be saying Ooooooh your pregnant, but I would like to hear from people that's been in this situation,

How did it turn out for you? Were you pregnant or just a really late period?

Xxxx

monkey1978 Tue 17-Oct-17 11:15:23

I know it is hard when your ttc and your period is late, but I was over 10 days late once (I think maybe even up to 15 days) and was convinced I was pregnant. But alas, it was just a really late period. I had never had that before or after. Period came and it was totally normal, I don't know why it happened.
Try to think its just a late period then if you are pregnant it will be the best surprise ever!

Alanares89 Tue 17-Oct-17 14:23:21

Thanks very much for the reply, yeah I think I will just treat it as a late period! I didn't think they could be this late lol hmmmm we will see what happens! Xxxx

AutumnLeavesandCandleLights Tue 17-Oct-17 14:29:34

Are you usually pretty regular? While 8 days late does seem like a long time, my periods could come up anything up to a week later and that was completely normal, on the flip side, they could also turn up 5-7 days early and that was normal for me too!

Unfortunately at this stage it is just a waiting game! You can choose to test every day or just wait another week and re-test then, there really isn't much else you can do

Alanares89 Tue 17-Oct-17 15:43:42

My periods are normally regular, within a day or 2 this is the longest I've ever had to wait! Yeah it's some wait, my mind is racing but I'll try next week!

firsttime17 Tue 17-Oct-17 16:19:09

This happened to me, I could not get a positive test for weeks and I’m now 28 weeks pregnant so it can be possible! Keep ya posted and good luck x

Alanares89 Tue 17-Oct-17 18:01:28

How many tests did you do??

Lexilooo Tue 17-Oct-17 18:17:53

Just had this, period finally arrived on cycle day 43

Alanares89 Tue 17-Oct-17 19:57:25

Do you know what's the cause off a late period?? I'm not stressed, there's been no changes in life? Just so confused lol

firsttime17 Wed 18-Oct-17 19:01:17

I must of gone through atleast 10/15 tests because I was so convinced I was pregnant, I even went to the doctors and their urine test came back negative so sent me for a scan and saw my little 6 week old bubba much to the sonographers surprisegrin

Jennie92p Sat 02-Jun-18 21:11:21

I know that this thread is old but I am 9 days late drs test came back negative said I have to wait a week and come bk and do blood test I am going out my mind just want to know as all test are coming bk negative, I'm never late on my period xx

El09 Sat 20-Oct-18 10:22:45

Hey jennie, I'm going through the exact same thing at the moment. Me and my partner hope to dear god I'm pregnant as I'm showing all the signs and have never expected a late period or even had one! But each test I've done is negative. I'm going to leave it another week and if nothing happens book an appointment with my local GP. I hope you've since had better luck and have found out your situation😊xx

MrsLBear Fri 26-Oct-18 12:32:55

Hi!
I'm going through the same thing too. AF was due 1/2 days ago and haven't had the usual signs and symptoms of it coming. My cycle has been 33 days for the last 3 months (can't remember before that) but I'm not on day 35.
Did a FRER test today but got a BFN. Read somewhere that it can take up to 2 weeks for hormones to be high enough for detection and also if you drink too much fluid before testing it can dilute the hormone levels.
Has anyone experienced this?
Thanks 

Lilbear14 Fri 26-Oct-18 13:30:39

My last cycle was 42 days long, I'm usually 28 days. I was gutted when AF came but that was my last period....I'm now 9 weeks pregnant. So even if your period surfaces keep going smile

MrsLBear Fri 26-Oct-18 15:54:28

@Lilbear14 congratulations!!! You must be over the moon.
I swear when I was younger I was a 28 day clock work kind of girl but now I get more and more irregular. Did have scans and tests for PCOS but all came back negative so it's just a matter of timings. But don't want to make it all about baby making.

Lilbear14 Fri 26-Oct-18 15:59:53

@MrsLBear you are absolutely correct it is a matter of timing.
I was using an app to track mine, as we weren't overly trying but I have adenomyosis so I knew my baby making clock was ticking...if working at all so we decided of it happens it happens.

We managed to conceive on the month that we kind of "gave up" in a sense. After the late period we were disheartened but we was able to relax a bit as we didn't want the pressure. But looking at the app the timing was bang on ovulation day!

Late periods can be caused by so many things some more trivial than others. From weight gain/loss to even change of diet and routine. To more complicated things like medical conditions.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: